Non neutral Chanel bags

I am also extremely color shy with bags. I have mostly black, blue, silver, and gold in my collection. I have bought and exchanged many reds and brighter colors over the years because I know I would not wear them enough. Even though I love colors on others, I just am not as comfortable wearing them myself. I currently have one purple (plum metallic reissue) and one red Boy Brick in my collection. All the rest are black, grey, silver, navy, or gold. I am contemplating the fuschia patent Boy which I think is stunning but still wonder how much it would make it out of my closet. I need to justify the prices of these bags by cost per wear so I need to be certain I will use a bag A LOT to purchase. It is a dilemma.

Those of you who own Chanel bags with color (reds, green, orange, plum, pink, etc.) do you find that you use them often enough to make the purchase worth it?

Right now I own a navy jumbo, black mademoiselle and black woc. I want to add a m/l to my collection and was thinking about some color but not sure how often it would get used.

I love a lot of the colors I see in reveals and think it would be so fun to have a nice pop of color. Have you regretted your colorful purchases?

Great question!!! I'm scared!! I have one red, one teal, and one gold leather bag. I can count on two hands the amount of times I've carried them in total. I bought the 'pops of color' thinking it would look good with all black which I wear regularly....

I'm just afraid...somebody help me! Lol!

I have grey, beige, red and recently fuchsia pieces. I don't find them hard to coordinate or feel scared of using them.

Please refer to Tutu's please use your bag thread.

If none black bags aren't your style, don't do it. But I really don't find them that hard to maintain!

I have grey, beige, red and recently fuchsia pieces. I don't find them hard to coordinate or feel scared of using them.

Please refer to Tutu's please use your bag thread.

If none black bags aren't your style, don't do it. But I really don't find them that hard to maintain!

For me, I'm not afraid of the color, it's just more about spending that kind of money and hardly carrying it because I'm use to reaching for my neutrals.

For me, I'm not afraid of the color, it's just more about spending that kind of money and hardly carrying it because I'm use to reaching for my neutrals.

Instead of reaching for the tried and true basic, reach in for a pop of color, and just wear it like it's the most fabulous thing you've ever seen (as many of them are indeed just that). Basic black is good for some occasions certainly, but I love to think outside the box and enjoy some color in my life. I've had far too much black and sadness, so it's time for happy colors that are fun. I've had other brands of bags in bold bright colors, and I used them a ton. I'm not that shy of colors, and after you get over the "it's not black" thing, it's really quite great to carry a bit of the happy colorful rainbow with you. :smile: