non-foaming face wash

I need to start taking much better care of my skin. I bought a really good face wash, but it foams, and I have major sensory issues with that (nauseating). Is there any kind that doesn't foam? (And by foam, I also mean a kind that turns white like shave gel...also doesn't work).

Ideally non-scented would be great too.

Does this exist? Thanks!

Hi Beach Princess! I'm not a fan of foaming facewash either. "Cream" cleansers generally don't foam. I loved my L'Oreal cream cleaner until I discovered make-up remover face wipes. If you don't find a non-foaming facewash you may want to try facewash cloths. Good luck!!

Hi Beach Princess! I'm not a fan of foaming facewash either. "Cream" cleansers generally don't foam. I loved my L'Oreal cream cleaner until I discovered make-up remover face wipes. If you don't find a non-foaming facewash you may want to try facewash cloths. Good luck!!

Thanks! Makeup remover wipes are what I currently use. Thanks for the advice on the cream.

I do worry that some creams might "change" when you rub it on. That's the part I can't handle. (ie shave gel seems okay at first but when you rub it on it's the same as shaving cream - and shaving cream is my #1 issue).

I'll research some of these suggestions :smile:

Second Cetaphil. Also similar: Spectro Gel doesn't foam, and I believe they have three kinds (Sensitive, Dry/Normal, Oily)

Avene No-Rinse Extra Gentle Cleanser for Intolerant Skin.
You could also try a cleansing water.

Cetaphil all the way! Just beware you buy the right kind and not the one for oily skin (unless you have oily skin!). I didn't realize there were 2 different types until I used the one for oily skin on my dry skin :sad:

I'm just going to give a brief on my skin type really quick. My face can get very dry really quickly if I use a product that strips moisure. I don't have acne; I just get a couple white heads here or there. Anyway everyone seems to be recommending Cetaphil, which I used to use, but for me I didn't like it 100%. I think it did its job, but even after a good rinse, I felt like it left my face slightlt sticky. I use, and recommend, using the Neutragena make-up remover and cleanser all in one. It comes in a blue bottle with a pump and it is non-foaming, which usually means it doesn't contain sulfates that will strip moisture (I think...). After using that I use noxema, because I don't fully trust any cleanser to work on its own, especially when I am trying to remove and cleanse a face full of make-up.

Make-Up. Nails. Fashion. Beauty.
Follow me on Twitter: @alanijarai

Origins Clean Energy Cleansing oil. I have super sensitive skin and can't use foaming and I also can't use Cetaphil because it burns my skin. The Origins stuff is a dream.

Another rec for Cetaphil! I love CeraVe but their hydrating cleanser foams a bit. Their foaming facial cleanser also foams (duh). Since u want something that doesn't foam, i would consider the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser.