Non-fashionista looking for colors to pair with '09 Lilac!

Jul 3, 2008
Hi ladies --- as sad as it is to admit this, I'm not a fashion-forward gal. I love looking thru all of the outfits you ladies put together that complement your Bals, but for the life of me, can't even come close to being creative with my wardrobe. So that poses a problem: I just received my '09 Lilac City today and while I love her, I have no idea what colors go with her! I can understand the basics of blacks, whites, greys...but what else?

I perused the "Photos Wearing your Bbags" section to get inspiration, but would love to hear (or see, if you want to post your outfits) what you fashionistas think pairs well with Lilac. TIA!

Hi!
Congrats on acquiring the lovely and rare Lilac City!
I think more subdued colors go great with lilac- baby blues, lighter greens, and gray would look great. jeans would definitely be appropriate.

good luck!

Congratulations to get the beautie!
Miss Lilac is such a tender lady,so I suggest you would choose white, grey(as you said), pink and purple outfits to match her.
And you may add scarf/shoes of lilac color to your common outfits.
Just IMO,a t-shirt and blue jeans could match each b bag.

Last edited:
I totally agree with Beaux - let the Lilac be the star!

I find that navys and greys go very well with lilac... stay away from the pretty pastels and try out the moody neutrals. A crisp white shirt and jeans would be good too. (But, a note of warning: I'm a non-fashionista too!)

i would totally pair it with a deep red blouse. i've always loved the combo of red and purples. GL. :smile:

What a lucky girl you are to have found a Lilac!

I agree with anchorsaway, as I also love Red and Lilac together, and Navy.

At the risk of sounding like a rainbow gone crazy, I also love bright yellow and emerald green with Lilac!

And please don't say you are not a fashionista: as long as you are comfortable in what you wear and happy as Larry, that makes you gorgeous!

Lilac would look great with blues, browns, greys and purples. Also it would look good (in small doses!) with reds that have blue undertones, but stay away from orangey reds. Also, personnally I would not dress from head to toe in pastel colors AND carry a pastel colored bag, it would look too washed out.

Black, white, grey, tan, brown, royal and navy blue, yellow, cream, peach, any kind of purple... I wouldn't hesitate to wear any color with it actually. Anything can be done if you work it! :biggrin:

Like beaux mentioned, let your bag be the star! But don't be afraid to play around with colors. ;)

Thanks for all of your great suggestions ladies! I see a theme emerging here: most colors will go with Lilac but try and stay away from pastels...will do! I do like the idea Beaux put out about letting Lilac be spotlighted. That's what I'll definitely keep in mind.

Oh, and I forgot, Olive green or Kaki would really make the Lilac stand out!

Oh yes. Olive green, beige, khaki would be lovely.

You could always do the basic t-shirt and dark blue jeans with the Lilac too, for a casual laid back look.

I would probably wear the Lilac with everything, lol. But would love it most with Army green, Olive green, and gray/beige colors. Oh the possibilities... :coolio: