Non-Designer Bags you love

I also love vintage, plus The Sak. Not the crocheted ones, though. I don't know if this counts, but my Nordie's Rack had the most adorable pink and brown Juicy makeup bags.

Oddly enough, the bag I've gotten th most compliments on is my red patent leather croc satchel by Crazy Horse (a LizC company), which I got on it's third clearance cut for $10. :lol:

I am a true bag lover at heart because I really do love all bags. I was just in Target tonight admiring all the "fun" no-name bags. I bought a large canvas one to use for going to the beach/ pool.

I was at target tonight to buy toys for the kids since i promised on Tues. after my daughter broke her fronttooth half off at the pool for her it was for her ordeal and the others incl. her friend that was with us for being so good at the dentist office waiting room.
The first thing you see is the purse section,....they had these big straw bags with patent trim...they were down on clearance to $6 something. I almost grabbed one for sunscreen etc but decided we had enough totes. If they had not had only green trim i may have gotten it though. I have to say for that price they make a stunning presentation and feel much squishier than i expected. I wonder if y got the same bag i was pondering? Anyway enjoy! Especially for pool days etc i prefer the cheaper bags! Less worry!

I carry Nine West and Liz Claiborne - nice under the arm pochette styles and good pockets for cell phone/keys.

Love the design of some Rosetti small bags, again, nice organization and these I get at the Burlington Coat Factory. I'd love them even more if they were real leather but they are good quality pleather and last a while.

There was a beautiful Guess white patent pochette with a silver G buckle at DSW (a shoe warehouse) but I had to pass on it b/c there was some kind of permanent scuffing on it, darn.

Also partial to some of the Italian brands, not sure if these fall into designer category, but Petusco uses full grain leather for their bags and very yummy to hold :heart:

I like Wilson's Leather bags. Their leather is wonderful, they come in lots of styles and colors, and they are very inexpensive. I also like some of the Liz Claiborne leather bags. Funny, I get more compliments on my no name bags than I do on my LV, Prada, Fendi, etc. It's kind of refreshing.

A big thumbs up to Liz Claiborne (rest in peace!) bags. So functional and fun.

Are Tignanello (I don't know if that's spelled right) bags considered non-designer? I see them in TJ Maxx/Marshalls. They seem to have nice colors that are hard to find.

Nine West bags are great but lately they've been copying designer handbag styles. Almost like an overpriced knockoff.

i love my herve chapelier, though i guess it might be considered 'designer'. i can throw that thing all around, put it in the washer, and it still holds up well after all these years

i've been meaning to get my hands on a longchamp tote. that would be perfect for work

i like the brown guess bag u bought :smile:. i own 1 pink flora print guess bag and i've received compliments when i wear it :biggrin:. i :heart: my guess bag as much as coach and LV!

This is my perspective, but a lot of the brands mentioned, like Nine West and Guess, are still designer to me. They are just not high-end. When I was in school, after much thought, I bought a $30 Tommy tote at Marshall's. That was a really big deal!

Well, here is my contribution to the thread. My little pink tote, a present sent over by my cousin from China. No brand, and I have never seen another one like it.

IM000702.jpg

Attachments

• IM000702.jpg
    IM000702.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 50
I'm a fan of Furla. I just bought a silver metallic tote and a mustard yellow patent leather at Bluefly. Nice Italian styling and leather at bargain prices. Love them!

Oh, I almost forgot, I have a great green leather mock croc hobo by MaxxNY. I get at least one compliment every time I carry it. I have other Maxx bags as well, and I find them to be pretty well made and stylish at the price point.