Non-branded bangle with diamonds or Cartier thin love?

guccilover21

I ❤️ bags.
O.G.
Dec 19, 2011
Hi guys,

I’ve been lusting after the thin love bangle from Cartier for a while but then saw that a shop in London was selling this gorgeous bangle that has diamonds that go all around. This stunning bangle is half the price of the Cartier one as well. It got me thinking, do I want the Cartier one because of the brand name and experience, beautiful box and packaging? I feel like the more I see YouTube videos of Cartier the more I want it but I’ve no idea if I am just getting obsessed from over exposure?

I’m basically after a bangle I can wear on my arm permanently for the rest of my life, no stacking. That’s what I was hoping out of the love bracelet.

Please give me some advice.

4686D65B-C338-4F71-AD5A-D9C2CCBB34C5.jpeg

TheMrsKwok

Jul 31, 2010
I prefer the no brand one. if the diamonds are shiny i will see myself wearing it very often and very happy about it.

Not sure about you, but i find myself trying to buy something that has no logo or brand that is too obvious, or a design that is not very popular ever since i have seen a lady wearing - cartier love, Hermes constance in the bright orange color, valentino rockstud shoes , trying on Tiffany diamond keys. I find that too much. So if possible i personally think this bangle is perfect so there will not be too many brand names on you.

Onebagtoomany

O.G.
Apr 16, 2011
I had a similar dilemma - plus I used to have a Love, sold it, regretted it and wanted to buy another - but chose a 3.30 carat diamond tennis bracelet in the end. Not too big for everyday wear but not insubstantial either. I have no regrets, it is incredibly sparkly and makes me happy every time I wear it. My vote is for the no brand diamond bracelet!

guccilover21

I ❤️ bags.
O.G.
Dec 19, 2011
Thanks for your responses guys. The problem is that I really do actually like the love bracelet and the things it symbolises. I’m worried that I’m looking for a substitute for it and will wind up buying it later. On the other hand the two bracelets are so different and would that be such a bad thing? I don’t know. Love them both!

Onebagtoomany

O.G.
Apr 16, 2011
Thanks for your responses guys. The problem is that I really do actually like the love bracelet and the things it symbolises. I’m worried that I’m looking for a substitute for it and will wind up buying it later. On the other hand the two bracelets are so different and would that be such a bad thing? I don’t know. Love them both!

One way to look at it is that the Love will always be around, so you could buy it at a late date when finances allow. The diamond bracelet may not always be available and it can be hard to find a diamond bangle (especially one with diamonds all the way around) for a reasonable price. What sort of quality are the diamonds?

Apr 25, 2006
If you love the Love, then get that one.

I was kind of in the same situation. I wanted a Love bracelet, but didn't get it for a few years because "it's overpriced", "I'm just buying into the hype", "I will look like everyone else"....

In the end, I got the Love and couldn't be happier. I've had it for 1.5 yrs now and have never taken it off.

And honestly, I think the Love bracelet is not very "in your face" because most of the time, it just looks like a very nice gold bangle.

Good luck on your decision!

Jun 18, 2012
I’m not a fan on spending extra on brand for jewelry. If I’m paying that amount of money, I’d rather have bigger stones or a more unique option. And usually I can find something better than the branded item at a lesser price. Win win!

But, if it’s the unique look and sentiment that you are going for (not just a matter of being influenced by brand) then you should buy the love bracelet.

Reactions: ODEDIHAIMS

Suzil

Oct 10, 2013
Sounds like you really love the LOVE for all the things you mentioned. I’d get the LOVE and down the road add something like the beautiful non branded bracelet. Good luck with your decision!