Noisy, squeaky Chains?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I recently purchased the black Jumbo Caviar Classic Flap. I really love this bag as Iam a recent flap convert. The only thing is the chains are so noisy - almost like squeaky. Is it the caviar with the chain combo the reason why it's so noisy? Has anyone else noticed this and does it bother you? I have the diamond stitch tote and I do not have the noisy chain issue. I assume it's because it is a softer leather? :shrugs:

Thanks for your feedback!

2. I have heard this many times but either the chains on my jumbo caviar don't squeak or they do and I can't hear it!

3. I agree with the noisy chains on the jumbo classic flap. However, I didn't wear it long enough to see if the noise faded or the leather got flexible. I wonder if, over time, will it stop being so squeaky? I returned mine. I know what you mean about the diamond stitch tote not being squeaky.

4. I am also wondering if the noise fades as the leather become more flexible over time. I will have to ask my SA next week.

5. hmm thanks for the info.....
    need to know these types of facts
    isnt this forum great

6. I have a near mint condition 3-series camera bag in beige caviar. It looks like it is in pristine condition! The chain looks new (shiny with no plating loss, leather looks new), however, when I handle the chain it squeaks a little...does anyone else have this problem? Is it a quick fix or would I have to have it replaced? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ladies and gents! :biggrin:

7. That's because its hardly been used! All my jumbo flaps squeak when they are new then the leather gets "broken in" a bit after use. So.... use use use it.

8. Even for a vintage bag? Well, that is good to know! It is beige which concerns me. I wonder if there is some sort of protector I can spray on it to prevent color transfer. Otherwise I will have to just live with the squeak because I tend to only use it on special occasions. I will take her out tomorrow if it is sunny! :smile: Thank you for the response!

9. #9 Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    Hello Chanel friends,
    I have a very random question. I purchased two classic Jumbo caviar double flap bags from my Nordstrom Chanel Boutique this year. Black with GHW and Beige with GHW. ( I know, so psyched!!)
    The black bag has the oddest noisy chain, kind of like a squeaky sound the patent bags made when carried. It's noticeably noisy. The gold bag doesn't have this issue. In fact, Ive had 2 people ask me what 'that sound' was.
    :noggin::confused1::confused1:
    Has anyone had this issue before? Its a little embarrassing to 'squeak' when Im carrying her!

10. There are threads on this if you do a search. I believe it'll go away with use? Congrats on your lovely new bags!! 😁

11. Thank you Anasa, Ive been doing some searches and can't quite seem to find the threads. I'll keep hunting. I'll just have to realize I can't sneak up on anyone when Im carrying the black one! :lol::lol:
    Drives me crazy!
    I do love the bags, I treated myself big time :P

12. ok, I just found a lot of squeaker threads. seems like there are an awful lot of singing caviar bags out there. We should start a band. :tunes::party::rochard::drinkup:

13. Mine does that too. Bought it maybe a month ago or less, still squeaks. What search word did you use, may I ask? "Squeak?" :lol:

14. One of my caviar flaps squeaked like that too. It is normal for caviar leather to do it and some people are OK with this sound. I was told that this noise will go away with use, but it did not even lessen after several months of use. I was very annoyed and embarrassed by that sound and I ended up selling this bag and getting a new one just like the one I sold that did not squeak. Now whenever I buy a caviar flap I make sure I get the bag where handles do not squeak.

15. its normal....mine do/did the same thing.....just think of it as a sign that it is fresh and new....:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice