Noisy Neighbors

xanderbsb

O.G.
Feb 22, 2007
The house next door to me constantly plays loud spanish music so the bass comes through my walls. It drives me crazy! I just wish there was a way to get it to stop without confrontation. I've already sent anonymous e-mails to the local police but I don't know how much of a help that is. I've also considered sound proofing my walls but it seems so hard and complicated.

Has anyone dealt with noisy neighbors? If so, how did you deal with it?

Hmmm...tough one....I would definitely go over there and politely tell them the situation. If they don't follow through with turning the music down maybe tell a little fib and say you have a baby at the house and you're having difficulty getting it to sleep??

When they have it on, go over there and nicely ask them to follow you over to your house, go inside, and let them hear how loud it is from your perspective. I had this once a long time ago and the woman would not turn her music down until I had her come over, she was shocked it was that loud from my house.

I had a neighbor once complain I was being loud and keeping her up at night. Funny thing was I have no idea what I was doing. I dont' have the TV on loud ever, don't play loud music, I honestly don't know what it was and she didn't go into detail. I did try to be more quiet..walking around the house? Fortunately she was just cleaning out her mother's old things so she left after a couple days. I would try talking to them. Hopefully they will keep it down.

I had the same exact problem. I would actually get woken up all the time by our Rico Suave neighbor and his lady. I started keeping a log of all the dates/times I'd get woken up, and wrote an anonymous letter to go along with it....until my DH accused me of being passive aggressive. He actually talked to the neighbor and (according to DH), the guy felt really bad because he didn't know. I still don't believe that he didn't know, but at least now they go at it during the day.

We've had really noisy neighbors to the point that we've felt vibrations on our walls. We talked to them in person and turns out, they didn't even realize they were being obnoxious. They apologized and even gave us their phone # so we can let them know if they were being loud again.

So definitely talk to them and see if they're willing to work with you. If not, then contact the cops. They should be able to help. Good luck!

don't e-amil the police, call them! They'll give them a noise pollution citation.

Yup! Be sure not to give them your address though, once I called the cops on some noisy neighbors of mine and I heard the idiot cop tell them your neighbor at 959 called us about noise. Well the next day I returned home to a glass bottle broken all over my front door. I still can't believe the officer did that!

i HATE confrontation, so i totally understand your hesitation talking to them. when its just me in the house, i usually call the police and they'll go talk to my neighbors. when dbf is home, he will go downstairs and talk to the neighbors. they are usually very polite and apologetic. good luck!

I agree with everyone who has said to go next door and politely ask them to be quieter.

I've never personally had to confront a neighbor about noise, but have friends/family who have in the past, and nothing bad ever come of them discussing the issue with their neighbors. It always ended the noisy situation.

Good luck!