Noisy Neighbors

Oh....I've had this happen soooo many times. I'd go over there and attempt--because it takes both sides to achieve it--to have a rational conversation about it. Sometimes people are cool and classy about it; other times they turn out to be a$$es.

Soooo, if/when asking the neighbor nicely doesn't work.... my suggestion is to go to your local cheap/used CD store. Pick up a CD of scottish bagpipes. When loud music starts, turn your speakers towards the adjoining wall, press play, and turn volume up. I found this works equally well with loud spanish karoke (my current neighhbors) and loud rap music (former neighbor). Hmmmm, who woulda thunk that so many people don't enjoy scottish bagpipes?

Soooo, if/when asking the neighbor nicely doesn't work.... my suggestion is to go to your local cheap/used CD store. Pick up a CD of scottish bagpipes. When loud music starts, turn your speakers towards the adjoining wall, press play, and turn volume up. I found this works equally well with loud spanish karoke (my current neighhbors) and loud rap music (former neighbor). Hmmmm, who woulda thunk that so many people don't enjoy scottish bagpipes?

:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

My father once lived in an apartment where the people below him played their music very, very loud. He finally started to turn on country music full volume (which the people apparantly were not very fond of) and place the speakers against the floor. Worked like a charm - every time!

I would call the cops on them. If they still continue to play their music, write an anonymous note signed "your neighbors" and leave it on their doorstep. I hate confrontation with people, especially neighbors since they could really make your life miserable if they wanted to. Not everyone is nice and considerate, some people really think they have a right to annoy the crap out of everyone if they want to.

We called the police on very loud neighbors recently and they said we know you called the police and you will get yours :wtf: . These people were loud every night all night. The police would come then as soon as they left it started again. The manager told them to move and they would not then he had to evict them and he told the manager he would kill him. They went to court and finally were told they had to move The manager had to force them out and they left all there stuff so he just moved it to the dumpster. Strange.

I would worry about your safety if you do call the police so maybe just try to be nice and tell them to come listen in your house so they can see how loud it is.

We called the police on very loud neighbors recently and they said we know you called the police and you will get yours :wtf: .

OMG that's scary! I've called the police on my neighbors when I lived at my parents house, and I used a cell phone and when the person on the phone asked for my name, I just told them I wish to remain anonymous. It's perfectly ok to say that and they'll still send the cops.

I live in a semi detached, things tend to get loud over there. I didnt think people could be so loud in the early am getting ready for work. Before these people moved in I have heard much from next door. I dont know if its because they have that laminate floor through out the house and not area rugs to absorb the noise. Drives me nuts.

OMG that's scary! I've called the police on my neighbors when I lived at my parents house, and I used a cell phone and when the person on the phone asked for my name, I just told them I wish to remain anonymous. It's perfectly ok to say that and they'll still send the cops.

We did call anonymously but the neighbors thought it was us because we are below I guess.