Noir Mini Nikki Pebbled?

chickpea

O.G.
Nov 5, 2006
I feel like I need a sanity check! I just received my new Mini Nikki in Noir and I am in :heart::heart::heart:. Except I have this nagging worry that won't get out of my head about the texture of the leather.

The leather seems to vary between pebbled and smooth. I was expecting the bag to be smooth leather all over.

Am I crazy to be considering returning the bag because of this? :sweatdrop:

Well for now, she's going into the closet while I make up my mind. I don't want to send her back, but I'm not ready to take her out on the town yet.

Here are some more pics!

I think it's a beauty! For a more refined(for lack of a better word) bag, I think consistency in the texture might be an issue, but I think variation on the Nikki just adds to the character and style of this bag. This bag has always had a casual-chic vibe to me, and variation of the leather just adds to the look, IMO.

And like tess said - once it's broken in, it will really bring character to the bag!

I don't think it looks terrible but I think I would send it back. Just because I would have expected a smoother more even leather. But with all the color and leathers and not knowing exactly what color has what sort of leather, it's a problem. Is this a very oddly distressed leather that is suppose to be smoother or is the pebbling true to it's intention?

I personally prefer leathers like this one, makes the bag slouch better and is typically very smooshy. If it bothers you and you won't wear it though, it def. should go back.

Your Nikki looks beautiful. Let me ask you.. how does the leather feel? When you run your hand over it does the pebbled leather feel smooth, buttery and soft?

I have a Noir Market tote and while it does have variances in the leather making it appear to have pebbled leather in certain areas it feels very smooth to the touch. Meaning.. I cannot really feel the pebbled leather but it looks pebbly in areas here and there. Hope that makes sense.

Regardless I hope you keep it b/c that bag is HOT!

Wow, thanks so much for all the support ladies! You helped me figure out what I needed to do.

I spent the day away from home (and away from staring endlessly at my is-it-pebbled-or-not-pebbled Mini Nikki). I just got back and read your replies and took a fresh look at her.

She is definitely soft to the touch - buttery is the perfect word to describe it. I can feel the pebbly texture, but it doesn't feel out of place if that makes any sense.

And I've decided... she's a keeper!:yahoo: I tried to picture what she might look like without the pebbliness and it just wasn't my Mini Nikki anymore. I knew then that I loved her as-is, pebbles and all!!

Instead of spending my time putting on make-up, picking out an outfit, straightening my hair before going to work this morning, I threw on whatever and took modeling pics. :P You can even see my hair towel in the last pic!

This forum is such a bad influence!

Attachments

• 2774249431_9258fb6842.jpg
    2774249431_9258fb6842.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 2775102510_547235f8eb_o.jpg
    2775102510_547235f8eb_o.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 2775102558_282e530b9e_o.jpg
    2775102558_282e530b9e_o.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 92