Noir Magnetique Vernis Hardware

PrincessSaf

Jul 15, 2014
Hi there i was wondering if anyone has any Vernis bags in Noir Magnetique with the darker coloured hardware. I have read in the Montana club that a few people have noticed the dark colour chipping off. Is this the norm for this colour? :shrugs:

I have asked my SA to order a Montana in the Noir for me to look at next week as they didn't have any in store.

I do love the black colour and it will be my first Vernis piece... i really want this bag but not if I'm going to be constantly worrying about the hardware.

I have the Noir Magnetique Alma and my hardware is perfect! I don't think it is a common problem and I am sure LV would replace the hardware if that happened. You will love the jewel toned shimmer in the vernis!!!

I have the Noir Magnetique Alma and my hardware is perfect! I don't think it is a common problem and I am sure LV would replace the hardware if that happened. You will love the jewel toned shimmer in the vernis!!!

That's very promising... I've been deciding between bags for weeks... even other brands :o I love this bag with its structure. How long have you had your Alma and do you use it regularly?

Hi there i was wondering if anyone has any Vernis bags in Noir Magnetique with the darker coloured hardware. I have read in the Montana club that a few people have noticed the dark colour chipping off. Is this the norm for this colour? :shrugs:

I have asked my SA to order a Montana in the Noir for me to look at next week as they didn't have any in store.

I do love the black colour and it will be my first Vernis piece... i really want this bag but not if I'm going to be constantly worrying about the hardware.

Hey! I have a Noir Magnetique Alma PM with the gunmetal hardware. It is my second one as the first one did have chipping within a couple of days of use.

I went to 2 LV's for this issue because I was very angry with the response from the first place. The first LV's manager made me feel like I was crazy and said it was supposed to look like this "over time" to have a "vintage" feel. She took a bunch of photos and said she would send it somewhere (I forgot where) for them to give a second opinion. I mentioned that in TPF a few others had issues with the hardware and she said "I have never heard of this issue, you are the first". Also note, I received a Noir ZCP as a gift on the same day and it was fine and both being used together. The manager told me they would probably not replace it but she would call me and give me the update regardless of if they would or not... She also said it would take a few weeks.

I went to the flagship store downtown and the spoke to the service manager (something along those lines) she was much nicer but I was still completely unsatisfied. She told me that they would order a replacement zipper and lock and replace the hardware... But if anything changes she would let me know. I didn't want my hardware replaced, I wanted a new bag. It was only 3 days old! She also suggested I do not keep the lock on my alma as it was also contributing to the chipping.

Long story short.... A few days later I received a call from both locations letting me know I could come in and exchange for a new one. Also, my ZCP is still fine and I decided to remove the lock and store it just incase it chips. I have had it since Christmas and there is no chipping :smile:

It is my favourite bag and favourite colour :smile: I just purchased the matching strap!

Oh that's good news that it just seems to be a few pieces that have this issue :biggrin:
My SA is brilliant hes also the manager of the store... I once took in a 9 month old Galliera i had bought online because the vachetta was going black from the rings.. They ordered me a new one straight away. So I have no doubts that they won't do anything about it if it does happen.
When I pick up the bag I will make him aware of my concerns too. Thank you for sharing your experiences!

Oh that's good news that it just seems to be a few pieces that have this issue :biggrin:
My SA is brilliant hes also the manager of the store... I once took in a 9 month old Galliera i had bought online because the vachetta was going black from the rings.. They ordered me a new one straight away. So I have no doubts that they won't do anything about it if it does happen.
When I pick up the bag I will make him aware of my concerns too. Thank you for sharing your experiences!

It is so sparkly... You will love it :smile: it is beautiful!!!!

My SA told me today that they will make black vernis with gold hardware. The items should be in stores in December. According to my SA, they decided to make it with gold hardware because there was so much customer feedback about the dark hardware.

My SA told me today that they will make black vernis with gold hardware. The items should be in stores in December. According to my SA, they decided to make it with gold hardware because there was so much customer feedback about the dark hardware.

Black vernis with GHW!!! That is my dream combination, thanks for letting us know!

I have only had mine since July and have carried it a few times. I just double checked my hardware again and it is still perfect. The gunmetal hardware is so chic and versatile, it allows the bag to be carried dressed up or down. For me, I think gold hardware would make the bag look too dressy.

PS - I do keep the lock/zipper all the way down on the bottom side and just use the one zipper to open and close it.

Since you have a great SA (I am lucky in that regard as well :ghi5: ) I wouldn't worry about it, just get what you love!

I have only had mine since July and have carried it a few times. I just double checked my hardware again and it is still perfect. The gunmetal hardware is so chic and versatile, it allows the bag to be carried dressed up or down. For me, I think gold hardware would make the bag look too dressy.

PS - I do keep the lock/zipper all the way down on the bottom side and just use the one zipper to open and close it.

Since you have a great SA (I am lucky in that regard as well :ghi5: ) I wouldn't worry about it, just get what you love!

I do the same with my double zipper bags just keep the one with the lock down at the bottom and just use one. Yes I agree I love the look of gunmetal hardware and think it goes with the overall look of the black vernis! I will make my SA aware of the chipping so he knows I'll bring it back if i have the issue. I dont think id like it in black with gold hardware... I'd go for a completely different colour instead!

I was planning on getting a vermis zippy wallet in noir magnetic. But it shows way too much finger prints. I ended up getting vernis zippy in grand blue. I think you should "play" it a little when you are in store. However, noir magnetic is a lovely color.

I saw the post about how the hardware chipped within a month of it being released and I commented on Minks4all 's Youtube and got SO much hate about it.

I stayed away from the dark hardware because of that post. Maybe I'll pull the trigger on the gold hardware :smile:

I would love a piece in the noir with the gun metal hardware. I just don't know which one to add to my collection. I hope they expand the collection because I would love a zippy compact wallet.

No Ordinary Love