Noe vs Artsy

Swedengirl

Jan 20, 2016
Which style would you choose? Artsy or Noe GM? Both in Monogram.

I have a preloved Noe from -91 where the vachetta has been replaced two years ago. I worry about staining the vachetta as it’s so “perfect” now. This is my work bag where I put my laptop and essentials.

Considering selling it and getting the old style Artsy instead? Or am I foolish?

I like that artsy has less vachetta, can be worn also on crook of arm or hand held and is “less open” on top as Noe.

Any Artsy owners, pros and cons of your bag?

Thank you.

CE6AC415-4702-4425-9068-ACA8FF3C0DE4.jpeg

Reactions: Iceskate
I have the Noe and would much prefer the Artsy.
It's just a gorgeous bag in every respect....you won't go wrong with the Artsy! :yahoo:

Reactions: OCMomof3
I love the Noe! Just had the vachetta replaced on my petite noe and have yet to take it out. But I use my Epi petite all the time. I bought a shorter top handle and also a crossbody strap and it is so much easier to use now. Going to do the same for the monogram one.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RT1
Personally I would hang on to your Noe. I can understand the desire to switch up your bag, but if you know the the Noe works for you I'd keep it. You don't want to have any regrets, especially since it is a vintage bag. I don't have the Artsy, but I would worry about how comfortable it would be to carry a laptop in a shoulder bag with such a short strap drop. Also, I like the look of the Artsy but I'd also worry about it looking dated in the future. Good luck with your decision!

This is an interesting question. They are quite different, a bucket bag and a hobo.
The more structured a bag, the better it is for carrying a laptop. And and Artsy is anything but structured :smile: And while it is beautiful, the stiff handle can get painful on the shoulder when packed. And a laptop is heavy enough for that.
The Artsy is sexy, I see why you like it, but if you plan to use them as a workbag, I'd recommend you to stick with the Noé.

I considered the Artsy before purchasing my (Petit) Noe. I didn't like how stiff the Artsy handle is - though I know it will soften a little over time. The Noe is such a classic, yours is vintage, and freshly replaced vachetta. I'd say keep the Noe.

Reactions: BULL
I have the NeoNoe and love it. I also have both the Mono and Empreinte leather Artsys. I don't recommend the Artsy as a work bag. It has a stunning handle, but weighing it down with many contents could cause the handle to become uncomfortable. I'll add that I don't see it looking dated, personally. I think it's quite a classic for LV and has staying power.
The Noe with its flat base might be better for what you are describing. TBH though, I don't think either of these would make a great work bag. Some sort of tote might be better.

• Love
Reactions: RT1
I have the large Noe myself, so I'm biased. I love it and it really carries a lot. I imagine it's a lot bigger than the Artsy, so it has that advantage. But since the Artsy is a tight shoulderbag, to me that is limiting. I like that the Noe has so much space, like the Speedy, but no pockets. I'm sure the Artsy has an inside pocket, whereas the Noe does not. That could be a deal breaker for you. I just love the iconic style of the Noe, and especially love the strap. That's what I would go with.

• Love
Reactions: BULL