Noe (Large, not petit) or Neverfull GM for diaper bag??? Opinions please :))

smileglu

O.G.
May 2, 2007
With a 3rd baby on the way, I'm going to need to bigger bag to carry baby items again (along with the stuff I already carry with my 3.5 and 2 yr old - sippy/snack cups etc...)

I was thinking of getting the Damier Neverfull GM but then I started thinking about the Noe. I like that it's 1 strap (sold my BH cause one strap always falls off) and that the strap length is adjustable. The adjustable strap is a big plus for me when wearing a bulky winter coat and need the longer strap length to fit it over the shoulder - I couldn't comfortably fit the NF GM over my shoulders with my winter coat on when I tried in on the boutique last time I was there.

I've never tried on the Noe. I was wondering if it would be comfortable on the shoulders? Would it hang to low on me even at the shortest strap length (i'm 5ft 1 in) that the balance would be off?

Any advice from folks that uses the NF GM or Noe as a diaper bag would be very appreciated! Which one would you pick?? What are the pros/cons?? Do both straps of the NF stay on the shoulder or does one falls off (I hate that)??

Thanks in advance :biggrin::biggrin:

Out of the two I would pick the Neverfull. I have the MM and I could see using it as a diaper bag. The totally is very diaper bag to me, if you are open to other suggestions!

I wouldn't use a Noe as a diaper bag. It's basically just a big pit and you'll never be able to find anything. The Neverfull is much better, but have you considered a Totally? If you afford to spend a little more I would go with a GM because you'll be able to use the outside pockets for a bottle or wipes for easy access.

Neverfull is a good option, but my complaint with that bag is the straps. With all that stuff in it, it will most likely dig into your shoulders. Are you open to suggestions?? if yes i would choose something that is comfortable on the shoulder, especially with 3 kids. I think the Totally is a great option and to me it does not look like a diaper bag, which you can use later on down the road as a regular bag. HTH :smile: Congrats btw, hope all goes well with lil one

Definitely the Totally- it has those outside pockets that are perfect! I had a Noe and ita--- it's a bottomless pit. You'll be digging around forever...
The NF's straps are not comfy at all.

Of the two, I'd go with the NF GM. I have 3 kids and I've always wanted a Noe, but with 3 kiddos, you need some pockets. Since the NF is also more vertical, I think there's a bit less digging involved. I agree with the other people that the Totally GM would be perfect. Easy access pockets are really helpful! Plus the longer wider straps will also help.

I have a Neverfull mm and 2 girls that are 3 and 5. I used cloth diapers when my youngest was smaller and I could always throw in a couple of diapers and some wipes. I dont know how much stuff you will be carrying around but the Totally is a perfect diaper bag if your open to suggestions. The Neverfull straps dig into my shoulders as well.

Thank you all for your input! I really appreciate it. I guess this takes out the NOE for me - it was really helpful to know that it could be a bottomless pit. I think I'll go with the Damier Neverfull GM. I agree that the Totally and Palermo would be good baby bags as well but I would really prefer something in Damier Ebene so that it's more worry free (no vach leather, wouldn't mind so much putting it down on the floor if I REALLy need to).

I don't have kids, but of the two, I prefer the Noe. I thought of using my NF as a diaper bag (in the future), but it's wide open. I like that the Noe can be cinched in a lot more than the NF can... Just my two cents. =]

Out of the two I would pick the Neverfull. I have the MM and I could see using it as a diaper bag. The totally is very diaper bag to me, if you are open to other suggestions!

AGREEED! you took the words out of my mouth! hahah

in addition, if you use the neverfull gm, you would definitely need some type of organizer like the pursepocket to not have to fish for all stuff inside.

I love noes- I have done all sizes- mini, petit and large. I think they're great bags, but wouldn't recommend them for a diaper bag. You'd probably have to use the large for 3 kids, and the base can be very bulky. It's also REALLY deep, and everything sinks right to the bottom. I'm a much bigger fan of noes than neverfulls, but I think the nf would suit you best. :smile: