No White After Labor Day? Couldn't Carry Azur Any Longer

i pay no attention at all to "rules" like this, and wear white year-round. Even if i didnt live in Florida, still would. all the magazines say that white has become perfectly appropriate to wear all year long............:wlae:

I'm not going to follow this rule this Fall and Winter; I'll be wearing my Damier Azur bags. When the Damier Azur bags were released, everyone compared them to the Ice Queen and not something for warmer monthes.

I'm glad I live in Thailand, we have no rule for color when the weather changes. We can wear any color we like, I see white bags all year round here.

I guess it really depends on where you live, in Thailand the weather doesn't change much. it's hot and seems like summer most of the year anyway. except it rains a few months from June to September

OP here... interesting views from all around, thanks! The "rule" I have discovered, is a throwback to the time when a LADY out of the house wore hosiery, heels, gloves and probably a hat as well. (Oh yeah, and a girdle, too, I bet!) The so-called "rule" was that one would not wear white (meaning stark white) SHOES before Memorial Day or after Labor Day. It was a mark of good breeding. Or a custom that the middle class adopted in their attempt to appear upper class.

So, first of all, the "rule" only applied to shoes, not shirts or coats, etc. I wear white blouses with dark pants or a dark skirt almost every day throughout the winter. Secondly, the prohibition was only against real chalk white, never creams and winter whites. Thirdly, I am really, really PROUD of all of you who will be carrying your Azur pieces throughout the year! I really had thought that I would be in your camp, but I live in Western NY (not far from Niagara Falls, actually.) While it was still hot in temperature last week, the light does change here as we begin to slip from summer into fall. The colors of the leaves are barely beginning to turn and yet the shade of sunlight is just somehow different than what it was just 2-3 weeks ago. I changed my toenail polish color last week from a cool, vibrant reddish-coral to a deeper, darker chocolate tone. The articles in the home furnishings section of the local newspaper are featuring heavier fabrics and deeper, richer tones. It is just what happens here in a part of the world where we have four very different, distinct seasons. This time of year rolls around, and you just feel like you need to move from summer colors to fall colors... rubies, chocolates and the like.