No value for discontinued LV Bags? Help!

Chel

Mar 6, 2008
Hi everyone, I bought a Damier Canvas Venice bag a few years ago. It is the smaller version of the Sac Plat. Then I realized that LV has stopped production because it is no longer available in the website. Does it mean they stop producing it because nobody likes it and sales is bad? And my bag is now a worthless piece of junk? :crybaby:

YES, completely worthless...

haha. not really. i think it depends on the bag, no LV would be completely worthless unless it was a fake :P how much did u pay? there is a damier on on malleries for $725 and a BIN on ebay for $750. so i would say a little lower than those is what its worth.

i dont know if they would discontinue it because nobody likes it. they could have been having production issues with it, or the sac plat was more popular, it could have been a lot of things.

Have you "googled" (I love this verb) the model # or name? Searched for similar bags from reseller sources? Hmmm. or maybe you could actually call LV and they may help. The worst they can do is say no.

You bought the bag because you like it! And if you still like it and use it, then it's not junk. I wouldn't worry about it being a "worthless piece of junk" just because LV discontinued making that bag. However, you can check on ebay if someone else is selling the same bag to see the asking price.

LV discontinues some items and accessories but that doesn't mean that those items are junk. They just have to evolve their lines and make new items to keep their customers happy!

I bought a discontinued bag about 4-5 years ago. I love it because it's my "hands-free" bag when I'm out with the kids. It is in like new condition and I'll most likely use it forever, and I'll never see anyone else with it!

No way, your Venice should be worth a good amount of money, considering it's discontinued. I wouldn't say it's worth more than retail, since it IS used and usually unless an item is extremely rare/LE when it was available, they usually don't sell for more than the retail price on the second-hand market. However, you will still be able to get a decent amount of money for it :yes:

totally not something you should ever thing about your bag. NO LV IS WORTHLESS NOR A PIECE OF JUNK! ;) it is a piece of art.

A discontinued piece means no longer in production.. means you cant get it anymore from a store... means youre gonna have to buy it from a personal collection.... means youre in a monopoly! YOU SET THE PRICE!!! ;)

best of luck!

There could be many reasons why LV discontinues a bag. Perhaps the bag isn’t making enough money--LV ultimately cares about one thing: money! As if we didn't know that given the last prive increase! If the bag isn’t selling well they will stop making it since it isn’t benefiting them. Or maybe LV simply discontinued it to keep up with the trends and felt that this bag was outdated and it was in their best interest to simply eliminate it from the line--this can and does happen despite solid sales and good customer interest. It sounds crazy, but it’s a definite fact that manufacturers don’t deny. Or perhaps the sales of that bag has suffered a recent decline and LV believes it will not rebound. Or maybe LV wanted to add a new style to line and in order to that they had to eliminate this bag. Or perhaps the bag simply wasn’t that popular. No matter why the bag was discontinued…if you love it that is all that matters!

NOt really. Years back, I sold my vanilla speedy when it was discontinued. MY start bid was low and I let the auction run. My final price was higher than what I paid for.