No Used Cosmetics - what to do now?

1. I'm an ex-makeup artist and I needed to clear out my stock. I listed quite a few items and had them all pulled because they were used. I was'nt aware of the new rule but oh well!

I had foundations and eye shadows in every colour imaginable-which I'll never use in my lifetime! What should I do with them now? I spent so much money on it which I hate to see go to waste.

2. Can you sell them on eBay?

3. I can understand that it would not be okay....only because of the germ factor!! Could you not have a makeup party...invite friends...do makeovers..it would be a GREAT night!

4. Yes, I totally understand why eBay wouldn't allow used make up to be sold. I like Sunshine's idea.

5. What about a donation to a shelter for women or something like that and take a tax deduction? I don't know if there are restrictions on donating personal items like that. If they've been opened I can see the problem, but if some have been unopened, I don't see any issues.

6. GREAT idea Boxermom! I think a womans shelter would be great.

7. I know how you feel i'm a makeup artist to and i have so much make up that hasn't been used. It's suck how much i have. Why don't you give it to family and friends? Having a party is a good idea too.

8. People sell used makeup lots on eBay all the time. Not all the auctions get pulled... its hit or miss

9. I might be the only one who thinks this way, but used make-up to me is as bad as used panties :yucky:

10. most of the shelter i know only accept new makeup or skincare. i have a bunch of used skincare that i dont want anymore and was gonna donate them, but i could not since they dont accept used stuff.

11. We're you by any chance selling Paula Dorf on eBay? If so, I may have asked you about that on ebay!

12. ^No, it was'nt me!

13. i agree, its yucky

14. Try Makeup Alley

15. Try authenticforum.com

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice