No return or exchange.

If it was disclosed as being 100% wool, and the label clearly states its not then you should be allowed to return it or file a claim. Thats a careless mistake in my opinion and shouldnt have happened. I would contact the seller first, chances are she will be embaressed and offer some sort of restitution or something. See what happens.

ITA. :yes:

I agree with the no return policy unless it's significantly not as described. But according to Paypal, describing something as royal blue and not dark blue might be cause for refund.

I emailed the seller and still haven't heard back. I can't decide what to do next, just let it slides or file a claim. I asked for a refund because I felt I had nothing to lose except ask.

I don't mind keeping the jacket or re-list it, but I just hate it that he/she doesn't write back.

Thanks again for everyone inputs.

I think the answer should be "none." Unless it is significantly not as described. As a seller, I hate it when I suspect buyer's remorse. I sell items on EBay because I need the money, or because I plan to reinvest in a new item that I usually already have my eye on. It is very upsetting to make a sale and then have someone change their mind.

If a buyer simply does not like the item, he or she should resell it on EBay.

I agree completely!

80% wool content vs. 100% wool content is significantly not as described, IMO. If someone sells a 75% cashmere sweater but says it's 100%, it's not what they say it is.

I just refunded (or rather told my buyer to send the item back so long as it's in the same condition with tags still attached) for a suit where the buyer claimed the measurements were off. I didn't even ask a second question. There's always a chance I mismeasured, no problem, send it back. I'd think that would qualify as SNAD as well. If I say it's 33" length and it's 31", that's a material difference.

80% wool content vs. 100% wool content is significantly not as described, IMO. If someone sells a 75% cashmere sweater but says it's 100%, it's not what they say it is.

This is my point. A jacket that is 100% wool sure cost a little bit more than the jacket that is 80% wool.

Shoule I file a claim? I want to re-list the item, but I think I will sell it at a loss.

I just refunded (or rather told my buyer to send the item back so long as it's in the same condition with tags still attached) for a suit where the buyer claimed the measurements were off. I didn't even ask a second question. There's always a chance I mismeasured, no problem, send it back. I'd think that would qualify as SNAD as well. If I say it's 33" length and it's 31", that's a material difference.

ITA. :yes:

BTBF, if I were you, as she hasn't replied, I'd file the claim.

If I intended to keep the jacket, I might, reluctantly, accept the loss; even though I shouldn't have to (to save myself the trouble!).

But if it was unsuitable for me and I would have to go to the trouble and expense of reselling (almost certainly at a loss - as I'm painfully honest!), I'd definitely file that claim! :yes:

It's all very well when people tell you to resell, but not only will you make a loss on the jacket, but you will lose about 10% in eBay and Paypal fees.

I bet they wouldn't want to be down the 30% that you probably would be by reselling! ;) :biggrin: