No Price Increase

I can not believe this Thur. April 17 there will be another increase, I'm amazed. Wasn't the last one on Jan. 23rd? I thought if they do it twice a year it would at least be spaced an even 6 mos. apart. I love LV but the greed of these increases is appalling.

I once heard something that stuck in my head it was pretty disturbing. She said the reason LV has these frequent price increases is that they really want their bags to be very overpriced and not so easily accessible. She said that they were aiming at the exclusivity of hermes and Chanel where the majority of the population can not afford it. So I believe these increases are rooted in more than just a failing economy and weak US dollar. I think they are trying to eradicate the smaller buyer of a certain economic bracket.

I once heard something that stuck in my head it was pretty disturbing. She said the reason LV has these frequent price increases is that they really want their bags to be very overpriced and not so easily accessible. She said that they were aiming at the exclusivity of hermes and Chanel where the majority of the population can not afford it. So I believe these increases are rooted in more than just a failing economy and weak US dollar. I think they are trying to eradicate the smaller buyer of a certain economic bracket.

FWIW, it isn't just LV that is doing these. Chanel is having one and bags are expected to jump $400 or so again. I know YSL went up last week and I believe Balenciaga did recently as well and both were around $100. The luxury market as a whole appears to be having increases.

It's ok if they aim it at the exclusivity of hermes bag but the price increase without quality increase is not going to do it. Hermes I believe still hand made and their quality is guarantee. LV quality now is kind a in question some of the LV bag is not as high as before and yet the price is keep on increase.

Quality down price increase bad CS = :tdown:

With all these price increases to maintain "exclusivity" they are just inviting more and more people to buy fakes!

I totally support this boycott, I think I'll buy only from ebay/let-trade from now on. I too am totally upset with these price increases!

If they keep having price increases every 3 months of 5% then they certainly will have exclusivity - in ten years a cles will be £577 ($1154) and a speedy 35 will be £2500 ($5000), no one except those with money to burn will pay those prices - especially with their current quality.

I would love to boycott if I thought it would make the price increase not happen or make them think twice about it, but I agree with others that say there will always be a market. I will have to think twice when I want something, wait a little longer, and buy a little less.

I would totally boycott if I knew it would make a difference. If we gathered huge numbers then I'd do it. Otherwise I would just be suffering from missing out on all the new releases. Plus corporate wouldn't even notice, even though my store might miss me.

I am boycotting LV for awhile... In the last two months, the quality has not improved... the SAs are still rude... and they didn't change how they made the bag... and they DEFINITLY haven't started using better leathers...

SO NOTHING WARRANTS A PRICE INCREASE!!!!

I am only buying ebay and let-trade for the next few months...

Hermes has price increases too, sadly. It's just the name of the luxury game. It keeps the exclusivity. They don't want middle-class 20-somethings , housewives and teenagers carrying their bags (which is actually a LOT of who buys their bags!), so they are trying to make it out of reach, make it more exclusive. It's sad, but.... *sigh* Nothing we can do. Well, except not buy. :hysterics:

Why would anyone try to prevent someone from buying their product?
I agree...I had a really shady experience last month at LV when I tried to get a store credit within 30 days...SA told me that I could only exchange, but he didn't have the bag I wanted. I pointed to the policy sitting on the counter in front of him and he pretended that he had worked at Saks at the LV counter. He was the same SA who put my sale through 3 weeks before!

Well, the only new things I've gotten this year were the "turquoise" Inclusion ring, Violette heart/cosmetic case and the gold Miroir cosmetic case.
I can pretty much guarantee I won't get my Bon Bon so the only thing I'll probably end up getting new for the rest of the year is the "turquoise" Inclusion bangle. That's it.

So the price increases combined with the lack of new items I want, it definitely won't be hard for me to do this.

But like others have said, even though some of us won't buy, others will. And the new styles you'll see offered by resellers on ebay? They had to get them from somewhere, so that means the boutiques will still make their sales either way.

Yeah I believe it. But in that case, they need to stop advertising and getting big name celebrities (especially ones that appear to the younger population) to appear in their ads.