No price adjustments?!

Mar 10, 2007
I bought a pair of Brian Atwoods on Saturday at Saks for $900 including almost 10% tax, down from about $1200. I found them online yesterday for $412 or so for the designer sale.

I went today to try and get a price adjustment (it's been 2 days) and I was told that Saks stores don't do price adjustments. But the online order associate said that if you buy online and it goes on sale within 7 days, they do adjustments for online merchandise.

So, when did it get to be that Saks doesn't ever do price adjustments? You are talking a huge amount of money here...so I ended up returning my pair from the store. I figured if I could get an adjustment at least the associate would get some commission, but this way he just lost it all, undercut by the online store.

I remember when NM did price adjustments, does no one do this anymore? Am I old and outdated?:lol:

I bought a pair of Brian Atwoods on Saturday at Saks for $900 including almost 10% tax, down from about $1200. I found them online yesterday for $412 or so for the designer sale.

I went today to try and get a price adjustment (it's been 2 days) and I was told that Saks stores don't do price adjustments. But the online order associate said that if you buy online and it goes on sale within 7 days, they do adjustments for online merchandise.

So, when did it get to be that Saks doesn't ever do price adjustments? You are talking a huge amount of money here...so I ended up returning my pair from the store. I figured if I could get an adjustment at least the associate would get some commission, but this way he just lost it all, undercut by the online store.

I remember when NM did price adjustments, does no one do this anymore? Am I old and outdated?:lol:
Its 7 days at Saks and ONLY for FULL price merch. If You look on the back of the receipt it says: "Requests for price adjustments will only be honored when merchandise is marked down within 7 days of being purchased at FULL price" Its been this way at Saks for a long long time

Its 7 days at Saks and ONLY for FULL price merch. If You look on the back of the receipt it says: "Requests for price adjustments will only be honored when merchandise is marked down within 7 days of being purchased at FULL price" Its been this way at Saks for a long long time

Well, that's fine, except then it means it gets returned totally. I was trying to be nice to the SA, but if that's their policy, so be it. Next time I'll work the Internet first.

Seems kind of a shame though.

I can understand having a price adjustment policy, but then it had better line up with the return policy, too, otherwise they are just begging to have things returned and re-bought at the lower price. My DH recently purchased through Blue Nile online and was able to get a price adjustment almost two weeks later (the piece was purchased as a gift and had not been opened, so it could easily have been returned and re-purchased).

Good for you, though, for getting the shoes for less than half price!

glad you were able to get the shoes for less! It would be one thing if you bought at the beginning of the season and want a price adjustment now.. but 2 days is really ridiculous.

You should ask if you can return and rebuy. I just did that at my local saks.. I think SAs are more willing esp if it was purchased online because they will be able to get the commission?

I might have if I hadn't picked the day of the designer sale to do it. I just wanted out. Besides, that's basically what a price adjustment is. I used to work as a designer SA and that's exactly what you did for a price adjustment.

glad you were able to get the shoes for less! It would be one thing if you bought at the beginning of the season and want a price adjustment now.. but 2 days is really ridiculous.

See, this is the thing. When I was a SA, this is the perfect opportunity to establish a relationship with a new client and get them to buy MORE. You tell them these are likely going on sale in a couple of days. So HEY, you have all this extra money, since you were going to spend $800, how about this EXTRA pair of shoes, and THIS one? And give me your name and I'll let you know ahead of time for pre-sales.

When I was a SA I used to have a Black Book, and it was checked by our manager. This was at Bloomies, for goodness' sake. I seriously mourn for customer service and I don't get it...there ARE women who are spending money, why don't you want an enduring relationship?