no pce and Im ok LOL

inch37

O.G.
Feb 24, 2006
well I wasn't at first I felt like I just bought an expensive bag at the full price store then my daughter bought a bag then I ordered one online.. The only thing neither one of us did is outlet shop. So since my birthday is this month I figuered hey great ill get a bag since its pce.. sooo I didn't get a pce. My daughter didn't either. At first I was pretty ticked I wrote a letter since they had time to send me emails daily about their new products I got this reply

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry you have not been receiving our 25% discount cards.

Our special shopping events are coordinated by our Direct Marketing department in conjunction with our Retail Store organization. Purchasing history information including frequency, recent visits and total purchases are determining factors in mailing invitations. The specific criteria around each of these factors may change with each event. For instance, one event may include customers who fall into the top 1% purchase history, another event may include customers who fall into the top 25% purchase history. This would determine the size of the mailing. It is not unusual, therefore, for a customer to receive an invitation to one event and not be included in another event.

Occasionally, we may incorporate unique criteria into the design of an event, such as introducing our best Factory store buyers to our Full Price stores. Continuing to provide name and address at time of purchase is the best way to ensure inclusion in event mailings.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Virlynda
Coach Online Consumer Service

I read it and a funny thing happened I just didn't care im not sure why. Maybe its the closet full of coach, burberry and Lv that could last a lifetime.. maybe its my new love tiffany jewely and lush bath prducts.. Im not really sure or just maybe coach has lost the wow factor for me and im just not that into you anymore is there I don't know but im glad lol.. But any way I though the letter was a bit funny.:biggrin:

Inch - great thread!! Love it. It's kind of like a support thread:

"I didn't get a PCE and lived to tell about it".

You know something else - I don't feel hard done by, upset, slighted or anything else. Coach has whatever system they use for sending out PCE's. Sometimes I get one and sometimes I don't and it's OK. You know something else - sometimes if I really want a certain bag and I don't want to wait for it to go the outlet, I'm gonna have to pay full price for it. Big freaking deal. I'm not going to let myself get into a tizzy over a couple of hundred bucks. In the scheme of things, it's just not worth it.

I decided a while back I wasn't going to go nuts on the PCE thing. If I get one, that's great. But if I don't and I want to buy a bag, I'll buy it nonetheless. That's life.

I have almost 20 bags now, so maybe like you inch, enough is enough. Last time I got PCE I only bought 2 accessories and ended up buying a $500 bag from Michael Kors instead. Not out of spite or anything, I just haven't liked the recent round of Coach bags (Sophia and Madison shoulder to be specific).

If something comes along and I like it, I'll buy it, PCE or no PCE. Whatever.

I will wait for bags to go to the outlet. I only have 7 bags, 8 if you include my evening bag I just got saturday. I can't afford to pay full price for a coach bag so I rely on the outlet. I find that when I see a bag I just must have and can't find it, I end up finding a bag I like better later on. So I don't mind waiting for bags to go to the outlet. If I'm meant to have a cerctain bag it will be there at the right time.

I will wait for bags to go to the outlet. I only have 7 bags, 8 if you include my evening bag I just got saturday. I can't afford to pay full price for a coach bag so I rely on the outlet. I find that when I see a bag I just must have and can't find it, I end up finding a bag I like better later on. So I don't mind waiting for bags to go to the outlet. If I'm meant to have a cerctain bag it will be there at the right time.[/QUOTE]

I did not get one....I tend to think if I went to my store, they would offer me one. But there is nothing I want to buy. If I had one, I would probably just waste money on something that I don't REALLY have to have but am buying because I have a discount. Now if there was something I really loved and I did not get one, I would be totally pissed.

I am ok with it too - I will wait for all the FP bags to go to the outlet !!!

I totally agree with your motto cforc09!!! ALWAYS wait!

I will wait for bags to go to the outlet. I only have 7 bags, 8 if you include my evening bag I just got saturday. I can't afford to pay full price for a coach bag so I rely on the outlet. I find that when I see a bag I just must have and can't find it, I end up finding a bag I like better later on. So I don't mind waiting for bags to go to the outlet. If I'm meant to have a cerctain bag it will be there at the right time.

Totally agree with this, too! I have never bought a bag from the boutique and never plan to. I love to stalk bags at the outlet and I have found some amazing deals there. For me, it's the only way to buy!

BUT, I did get my first PCE this time, and I did use it to buy a fob. I didn't expect PCE and I wouldn't have been heartbroken if I hadn't received it.

I totally agree with your motto cforc09!!! ALWAYS wait!

Totally agree with this, too! I have never bought a bag from the boutique and never plan to. I love to stalk bags at the outlet and I have found some amazing deals there. For me, it's the only way to buy!

BUT, I did get my first PCE this time, and I did use it to buy a fob. I didn't expect PCE and I wouldn't have been heartbroken if I hadn't received it.

Thanks friend

I received pce but there is nothing I WANT RIGHT NOW...like cforc09 says...gotta learn to be patient and wait for them to hit the outlet....If I didn't get it it I would be totally okay...more money in my pocket....lol

Last edited:
You know, I love getting the PCEs, but I wouldn't die if I didn't get them... I have a decent number of bags. I want to get some classier ones... I am still holding out for a re-issue of the Legacy bags... :smile: But if I didn't get it, it would be alright!

cool comments :O) .. I don't outlet shop its too far. and im super happy with my new addictions lol.. I still love seeing everyones reveals.. and if I need a bag and I can't wait for ebay to get it they do right after the outlet ebay fills with whatever the outlets have. I will save and just buy it.. I guess the attitude at the full price store and then the reply from coach just helped it lose some of the wow factor I had for coach a few years back.. I still love my bag I have just as much, but will now carefully think out a purchase from them.

I got one but there's nothing I want either. Part of it is I don't care for any of the bags that have came out recently. The other part is I ordered a black leather Audrey awhile back. Still haven't received one that is acceptable. Since they aren't at the stores anymore I'm ordering with my fingers crossed one will come in without any scratches, scuffs, etc. One was sent back yesterday. This is my 4th (and last) attempt. It just takes the fun out of it.

inch37, I like that the customer service rep explained PCE logic in some level of detail, at least more than I've seen in some of the "sorry, but...." emails that can sound a tad dismissive IMO.

Lisa W, the black leather Audrey is at the outlets now for 30% off plus another 20% off with the current coupon. I bought one at the outlet and it was/is in great condition...well, the leather was a bit dry, but that's nothing Apple conditioner can't fix. Mine has no scratches or scuffs at all.

The current outlet coupon is valid thru Nov 14.....plus last weekend we had 20% Macy's Wow Pass which is valid on clearance Coach....it's a good time to be a VALUE shopper!! More money in the pocket like almabr06 said!