No more parcel post - parcel select w/no ebay labels

tutushopper

❤️ Lambskin Lover ❤️
O.G.
Apr 13, 2012
More great news for U.S. sellers re: postage:

USPS will discontinue Parcel Post service as of January 27, 2013. Active listings with Parcel Post will automatically be updated to the new comparable replacement service—Parcel Select®—which will be available in the selling flow and shipping calculator as of January 27.

Know that the new Parcel Select service will not be available for purchase through eBay Labels until March. Sellers that wish to utilize this service before it is available via eBay Labels—and sellers who have sold items with the Parcel Select service—will need to go to the post office or an alternate online postage provider (i.e. Pitney Bowes, Endicia.com, Stamps.com, etc.) to purchase this class of service. Also, be sure to upload tracking information within your stated handling time. If you would like to continue to take advantage of the convenience of eBay Labels until Parcel Select is added to the eBay Labels system, consider temporarily offering a similar service.

I haven't used parcel post in a long time because I found that they've raised the prices so much that for just a small sum more, I can upgrade to priority mail, buyers get items more quickly and everyone is happier.

That said, I do have a question. You refer to shipping through ebay and not having the parcel post option. What about if labels are printed through paypal? Will parcel post disappear from paypal shipping also?

I haven't used parcel post in a long time because I found that they've raised the prices so much that for just a small sum more, I can upgrade to priority mail, buyers get items more quickly and everyone is happier.

That said, I do have a question. You refer to shipping through ebay and not having the parcel post option. What about if labels are printed through paypal? Will parcel post disappear from paypal shipping also?

I use it for really heavy items and really huge items that cost a fortune to send via priority, especially those over 6 to 10 pounds and such.

From what the email said (finally they said something to us), it won't be available at all in their system until March, so that would include paypal. The only option from January 27th to some nefarious date in March is going to the post office for this type of mail, then manually enter the tracking data. What a pain.

Parcel post is disappearing from the post office, so it will be from everywhere, replaced by the parcel select.

Won't it be available on the USPS site? Of course that means having to purchase DC, so that bumps up the overall price by almost a dollar.

You can print labels directly through PayPal either by selecting choosing the link to print a shipping label in the transaction details in PP or by going to http://www.paypal.com/shipnow.

If they're getting rid of the option on eBay they might also be getting rid of it through PP but it's worth trying. Also, the USPS site as previously mentioned.

I highly recommend using UPS for larger/heavier packages rather than Parcel Post. It's usually faster, the tracking is better, it comes with $100 worth of insurance to start with and they seem to be more careful with packages. For very large, heavy packages going across the country Parcel Post can take weeks and eBay buyers can be impatient. And sometimes UPS is even less expensive than PP.

Won't it be available on the USPS site? Of course that means having to purchase DC, so that bumps up the overall price by almost a dollar.
Actually, I don't believe printing parcel post postage is an option on the USPS site right now so I doubt it'd be made available for parcel select. You can see the price notation for parcel post, but there isn't an option to select it as your preferred shipping service.

Actually, I don't believe printing parcel post postage is an option on the USPS site right now so I doubt it'd be made available for parcel select. You can see the price notation for parcel post, but there isn't an option to select it as your preferred shipping service.

No, parcel post isn't available through usps.

On the CAB (clothing) board on ebay, they said the parcel post option is already gone from ebay shipping. But I tested on paypal (ship now) and was able to generate a label there.

No, parcel post isn't available through usps.

On the CAB (clothing) board on ebay, they said the parcel post option is already gone from ebay shipping. But I tested on paypal (ship now) and was able to generate a label there.
True. I printed parcel post directly from PP just a couple of days ago, and it was fine. :smile: I was commenting just on the USPS portion since poopsie2 and uadjit suggested it might be an alternative, but as it currently stands, this isn't an option.

True. I printed parcel post directly from PP just a couple of days ago, and it was fine. :smile: I was commenting just on the USPS portion since poopsie2 and uadjit suggested it might be an alternative, but as it currently stands, this isn't an option.

Woops. Sorry, I was wrong. I forgot you can't print PP from the USPS site. It just gives you a quote for the post office price, too, if I remember correctly.

Well, let's hope that they keep the option on Paypal.

Woops. Sorry, I was wrong. I forgot you can't print PP from the USPS site. It just gives you a quote for the post office price, too, if I remember correctly.

Well, let's hope that they keep the option on Paypal.

I don't think it will stay on Paypal, if they have to do a lot to change the system on ebay, seems they'd have to do the same for Paypal. We can hope, but I think they are just slowly removing it, first ebay and next Paypal since it says the 27th. :sad: