No more outlet specials - sad times

Twinkabelle

May 6, 2012
I asked Mulberry CS about the outlet specials and where they're made and was told they're going to stop making them, and just sell subs and discontinued stock in the outlets now.

It's a real shame, because my first Mulberry was an outlet special (black sparkle tweed bays with gold hardware) and it's just gorgeous. Mine came with feet, a padlock and clochette too and it was relatively affordable. The only thing missing from mine is a 'Made in' tag. I quite like the fact that my outlet special was never on sale anywhere else. It made it more special to me.

Sad times eh.

It is sad as I love my navy patent bays which was an outlet special from a lovely tpfer. But I guess it is all about making the brand more exclusive..... Which means they should also get rid of outlets! :sad:

Sad times indeed. Glad I got my black Mit-y last week!

Did they say when, Twinkabelle?
Oh no! I've a few! .... Blueberry ant, powder beige MIT-y , pink champagne Lexie hobo to name a few.
That doesn't make good business sense to me.......Not that Mulberry does lately!
If there's a surplus of leather/dye....what else should they sensibly do with it?
PLEM, I thought the back mit-y was regular stock? X

My favourite bag (wrong to have favourites I know) is a SP Plum Bays. Real shame that they're not going to make them anymore but I guess they're trying to protect their "brand" and make them more high market.

My graphite Bays is my favourite as I love nickel h/w, my husband and I had a weekend in York specifically so I could get it!

It's a shame but I can see why given the direction Mulberry appears to want to take.