No More Bags!

Irissy said:
Wicked, what's the deadline to put in money for Roth IRA to have it count towards the 2005 income tax? Is it before we file taxes this April?

You can open a Roth at anytime. However, contributions for a tax year must be made by the IRA owner's tax-filing deadline, which is generally April 15 of the following year. So yup, put in $4k for 2005 before April 15, and you're set. While you're at it, throw some money for 2006 in there too.

Btw, the max contribution for 2005 and 2006 is $4k. And it doesn't have to be put in all at once.

Ok, I need another purse addict to post something about purses so this thread doesn't die like my oh-so exciting Roth IRA PSA thread. I need to tell someone how they don't need the new Botkier cause it looks like a pair of boobs or how the Paddington looks like you've got buried treasure in your purse b/c of the lock.... I'm waiting here people!:lol: :P

I have had an excellent 401(k) plan through my company for the past five years now, and I do not have any debt. I also have over $20k in my personal savings account, which is for a future house and is never touched.

That said, my reason for not buying any more bags is that we're trying to get pregnant and have to start preparing to be broke!

But I still want a Gucci someday.

jane said:
I have had an excellent 401(k) plan through my company for the past five years now, and I do not have any debt. I also have over $20k in my personal savings account, which is for a future house and is never touched.

That said, my reason for not buying any more bags is that we're trying to get pregnant and have to start preparing to be broke!

But I still want a Gucci someday.

The average couple who doesn't have a kid SAVES at least $100k. That means you're going to have to spend at least $100k during the kid's lifetime and that's not counting: designer clothes for the little bundle of joy, private education, braces, a car when they turn 16, their purse or sneaker addiction, helping with college, etc., etc.

SO NO MORE PURSES FOR YOU--Baby first.:lol:

wickedassin said:
Ok, I need another purse addict to post something about purses so this thread doesn't die like my oh-so exciting Roth IRA PSA thread. I need to tell someone how they don't need the new Botkier cause it looks like a pair of boobs or how the Paddington looks like you've got buried treasure in your purse b/c of the lock.... I'm waiting here people!:lol: :P

I'm back! I really would love this Gucci limited edition beaded crocodile thing. It has the Guccisimo logo beaded in gold in the background, flowers in amber browns...crocodile trim, classic forever...$6000. any thought's wicked?:lol:

star3777 said:
I'm back! I really would love this Gucci limited edition beaded crocodile thing. It has the Guccisimo logo beaded in gold in the background, flowers in amber browns...crocodile trim, classic forever...$6000. any thought's wicked?:lol:

You know I am partly serious, right?:nuts: :wacko: :nuts:

star3777 said:

NO WAY. You've already got the Gucci Dragon which in and of itself is a piece of art--at least I think it's you who does... Sounds potentially fugly too. You don't want this beaded thing 10 years from now. You'll look at it and go--"Why the hell did I buy this thing? It looks like a crocodile that died in the middle of a garden." No more for you.

Great thread! I'm supposed to be on a bag shopping ban for the rest of the year, as I promised hubby! That Moni Moni bag almost got to me last night, but I resisted! It's just not realistic for me to have every bag I want, heh heh!

And I'm really glad to see the members here opening an IRA account. I've had my Roth since 2000. Did lose some money, since that was the year of the tech bomb, but I'm in for the long haul.

wickedassin said:
DEFINITELY NO BAGS--private student loans must disappear pronto. The interest on those things is TERRIBLE and you can't consolidate them. If you haven't consolidated your gov't loans (assuming you have them), you might want to check that out if the rates are still low. They used to be something in the 3-4%.... And if you expect to buy ANY RE in CA, unless you're in Bakersfield or Fresno, you need to start saving ASAP. The money won't grow on trees for you and you can't assume that you'll marry a guy who can help your income. What if he wants to stay at home and write the great American novel?

So no bags--even an extra hundred here and there, even $20 a month towards the private loans make a HUGE difference.

I see you have met my husband (speaking of great American novels). HA HA! Okay, I am going to try for the Chloe Edith -- just in case anyone on this site doesn't know that yet -- and then you have to cut me off! The one benefit of living in Oklahoma is that housing is quasi-reasonable...so I have a house and have chucked my credit cards (which does not help when BG wants one for the Chloe list). So at least I am building some equity while I shop but really, I must be stopped. After the Edith. :biggrin:

slickskin said:
Great thread! I'm supposed to be on a bag shopping ban for the rest of the year, as I promised hubby! That Moni Moni bag almost got to me last night, but I resisted! It's just not realistic for me to have every bag I want, heh heh!

And I'm really glad to see the members here opening an IRA account. I've had my Roth since 2000. Did lose some money, since that was the year of the tech bomb, but I'm in for the long haul.

Having money to buy the purses I love when I'm 65+ will be nice. (Btw, hubbys and boyfriends are secretly paying me oodles of cash to fund my own purse addiction for the service I'm providing--just kidding! :lol:)

wickedassin said:
NO WAY. You've already got the Gucci Dragon which in and of itself is a piece of art--at least I think it's you who does... Sounds potentially fugly too. You don't want this beaded thing 10 years from now. You'll look at it and go--"Why the hell did I buy this thing? It looks like a crocodile that died in the middle of a garden." No more for you.

I don't have a Gucci dragon!?! Maybe I need one....:lol: I won't buy it...just jokes!:lol: Way too much. :sad:

ETenebris said:
I see you have met my husband (speaking of great American novels). HA HA! Okay, I am going to try for the Chloe Edith -- just in case anyone on this site doesn't know that yet -- and then you have to cut me off! The one benefit of living in Oklahoma is that housing is quasi-reasonable...so I have a house and have chucked my credit cards (which does not help when BG wants one for the Chloe list). So at least I am building some equity while I shop but really, I must be stopped. After the Edith. :biggrin:

You can shoot for the Edith, especially since I enabled you to a bunch of stores... But no credit cards is a HUGE thing. Good for you! And don't just open the BG card cause they you promise a gazillion points for some point program or so you can get advanced notice of sales or for 10% off--it's a TRICK. But once you get the Edith--NO MORE FOR YOU TOO.

Haha. Private education? Are you kidding me? No.

Buying a car for my kid? Again, uh, no. I bought my own car when I was 16. And my kid can pay for their own purse or shoe "addiction."

I don't look at parenthood as some kind of money-losing venture, actually.

star3777 said:
I'm back! I really would love this Gucci limited edition beaded crocodile thing. It has the Guccisimo logo beaded in gold in the background, flowers in amber browns...crocodile trim, classic forever...$6000.

OHHHH and it sounds so delicious!!! :love: :nuts: .