No more bags, no more anything for awhile...:(

jasanna143

I need more cowbell, baby
Dec 15, 2005
Well folks,

It is with much regret that I inform y'all of some rather distressing news, at least it's distressing to me. Just got back from the oral surgeon today. I have to get $9000 worth of reconstructive surgery from a car accident years ago and the insurance won't cover it. I have to get dental implants, gum shaving, teeth shaving, and veneers for starters. My parents agreed that they would pay for it but there is no way I would ever take them up on their generous offer.

So gals, please buy as many bags as you can since I will be living vicariously through all of y'all for a long time!!!!:cry: My parents have already paid for all my other surgeries so I just couldn't do that again. Knowing my mother, she will go behind my back and pay for the majority of it so looks like all my Ebay listings are going for my surgery now....:sad: :sad: :sad: Bye Bye Muse!!:cry:

Yea, you're right..guess my whole "get a bag on my 1000th post" idea is going down the drain for me! On the upside, when the time comes where I get another bag (my Muse), I will have a big ol' smile to go along w/ it.

Oh I'm really sorry about that...but as you say,your teeth are a much longer term investment and that smile will do more for you than any bag can.

I hope you'll be back to buying bags (and smiling) soon though. Good luck!

That sounds very unpleasant. I hope everything goes well for you! You'll get you Muse eventually, I would love to have one too but cannot afford one right now either.

We should start a support group for those of us who can't afford the bags we want. :amuse:

whatzerface said:
That sounds very unpleasant. I hope everything goes well for you! You'll get you Muse eventually, I would love to have one too but cannot afford one right now either.

We should start a support group for those of us who can't afford the bags we want. :amuse:

That sounds like such a good idea! Let's start now! ;) What makes matters worse is the fact that I have a serious flu. Good thing y'all can't see what I look like right now...ouch! Right now I'm battling a 102 temp. Fortunately, my doc squeezed me in for an appt today...only had 2 hrs of sleep too b/c I'm sooo congested! Thank goodness I get to work from home though.

Thanks for all the support. I've already had oohhhh about 6 surgeries already to repair my mouth so this isn't anything new to me just hard and a long painful healing process as any surgery is. I'll keep y'all posted....it's not going to be done for another few months but it just sux that I thought I had it all planned out and then this! Everything happens for a reason I suppose...

jasanna143 said:
Well folks,

It is with much regret that I inform y'all of some rather distressing news, at least it's distressing to me. Just got back from the oral surgeon today. I have to get $9000 worth of reconstructive surgery from a car accident years ago and the insurance won't cover it. I have to get dental implants, gum shaving, teeth shaving, and veneers for starters. My parents agreed that they would pay for it but there is no way I would ever take them up on their generous offer.

So gals, please buy as many bags as you can since I will be living vicariously through all of y'all for a long time!!!!:cry: My parents have already paid for all my other surgeries so I just couldn't do that again. Knowing my mother, she will go behind my back and pay for the majority of it so looks like all my Ebay listings are going for my surgery now....:sad: :sad: :sad: Bye Bye Muse!!:cry:

I'm so sorry. :sad:

I have a question though, since the damage resulted from a car accident, is there any way that your medical can cover it?

I know from working in a dental office for years that most dental insurances won't cover implants or veneers...but I would think there would be some kind of clause on your medical that might.

How many veneers do you need? Are they strictly for cosmetic needs, to blend in with the area that is going to have the implant? Is it possible (though not ideal due to removing more tooth structure) that you can get crowns on the teeth that are slated for veneers? That way your insurance might cover something on those.

Good luck! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I can try to help.

Best of luck to you. Let me know if I can help you sell your bags, health comes first and I would love to help you get your medical bills covered.

Good luck..I am soo sorry! If it makes you feel better..I have had some serious health issues and had to crown the ENTIRE top row of my teeth..as well as other surgeries on my gums....it has cost over 40,000 yes...dollars!! Luckily...My doctor took a payment plan!!! (like a mortgage payment each month!!) I so understand and empathize..Feel free to PM me with any questions or if you are miserable..I can so relate..It has taken forever and my work still isnt done!I still dread going there...its alot of emotional and physical chaos!