NO LV pieces are made in China, correct??

CEC-- you bring up good points. However, I know that the Chinese factory workers do not get treated fairly in alot of the plants where they work. No bathroom breaks, hot, stuffy conditions, etc.

I feel the same way about those who work in the factories in Mexico. The workers there tend to be exploited as well.

However, I am NOT an expert. I have not been to China, and have only visited Tijuana (which...uh...I don't remember much about it after the 3rd margarita!!) LOL.

So I hope I have not offended anyone. I am NOT saying that things made in China are necessarily poor quality.

LV as a brand has its strengths in his origin, craftsmanship and history...but i wouldnt be surprised if all their materials (leather,fur, zipper, small parts etc) are sourced in China.

wouldnt it be funny if in a few years, maybe decade, LV starts production secretly in China but sends them back to France so they can sew in or stamp the "LOUIS VUITTON PARIS made in France"?

and yes $2 is sooo little for many people here, but honestly I can live on that easily even in Bangkok, Thailand and not some rural village in China. And thats 3 yummy hearty meals a day! :wlae:

LV as a brand has its strengths in his origin, craftsmanship and history...but i wouldnt be surprised if all their materials (leather,fur, zipper, small parts etc) are sourced in China.

wouldnt it be funny if in a few years, maybe decade, LV starts production secretly in China but sends them back to France so they can sew in or stamp the "LOUIS VUITTON PARIS made in France"?
:wtf: Hope NOT!!!:sweatdrop:

I heard that parts of lv is made in china to reduce the cost of manufture (I know the bags, dustbags boxes etc. are all made in china (it says it on them)) but i heard that the brass zippers and hardware etc. are made in china and the leathers and canvases are made and cut in china and taken to france to assemble, the L.E. stuff isn't becuase the process takes to long and is a major reason as to why it is mroe expencive, dont know how true it is but i does make sense

I have heard this circulate this board a few times, where did you originally hear this? I would not be surprised if materials were made in china, I would be surprised to her that leather and canvas was cut there, that crosses a line for me on how you should label were something is made.

the only thing that's made in China is the packaging. certain Coach fans only spread this rumour (originally started by those who sell "A" grade LV fakes) is to validate their 100% made in China Coach bags to be just as good. pure urban legend.... like that friend of a friend's first cousin's neighbour's hairdresser's aunt who returned a fake LV bag in a boutique and managed to exchage it for an authentic one. poppycock!!!!!

and yes $2 is sooo little for many people here, but honestly I can live on that easily even in Bangkok, Thailand and not some rural village in China. And thats 3 yummy hearty meals a day! :wlae:

3 meals? wow, that's pretty cool. is it like that throughout the whole country or just certain places?

CEC-- you bring up good points. However, I know that the Chinese factory workers do not get treated fairly in alot of the plants where they work. No bathroom breaks, hot, stuffy conditions, etc.

I feel the same way about those who work in the factories in Mexico. The workers there tend to be exploited as well.

However, I am NOT an expert. I have not been to China, and have only visited Tijuana (which...uh...I don't remember much about it after the 3rd margarita!!) LOL.

So I hope I have not offended anyone. I am NOT saying that things made in China are necessarily poor quality.

No no, I'm not offended and I hope I"m not offending anyone else! We're here to discuss, not argue! :smile:

Well to tell you guys the truth, it's NOT just factory workers who need to deal with hot and stuffy conditions.... In many big cities, even many HOMES do not have air-conditionning! When I go back, I live with my grandparents, and they simply REFUSE to open up the A/C lol, so I'm sitting there on the couch bathing in my own sweat lol!!! Thus I take 5 showers a day! lol I guess it's the way of living in China or many other Asian countries. My grandparents are used to the humid and hot weather, they think it's normal, so I guess for factory workers, they don't mind either. It's like here in Canada, when my friends are complaining about the 30 degrees celsius (about 100F I think), it's JUST the right temp. for me! :supacool:

However, I've seen documentaries about Chinese factories being unfair to their workers, especially in accidents where a worker injures him/herself and then the factory refuses to pay for the damages. Sometimes it's really sad, cuz workers have a thumb or hand chopped off from the machines and the factory boss claims that it's the worker who didn't use the machine properly, thus it's his own fault...... Iono, that's an extreme case, but still, I think it doesn't MATTER who's fault it is, as long as the worker hurt him/herself on the factory's PROPERTY, then they should pay for the damages!

3 meals? wow, that's pretty cool. is it like that throughout the whole country or just certain places?

Hmmm Well iono about bangkok, but in China's BIG cities (population=that of entire Canada! lol) I can get 3 basic meals for 3$US and the meals ARE YUMMYYYYYYY! so much better than americanised chinese food....(like...I've never heard of "Spring rolls" in China...I think it's from Hong Kong where the brits started the trend???)....... However, good meals can go up as high as here in the West. So there's an EXTREME distinction between the "poor" and the "rich" in China.....

No no, I'm not offended and I hope I"m not offending anyone else! We're here to discuss, not argue! :smile:

Well to tell you guys the truth, it's NOT just factory workers who need to deal with hot and stuffy conditions.... In many big cities, even many HOMES do not have air-conditionning! When I go back, I live with my grandparents, and they simply REFUSE to open up the A/C lol, so I'm sitting there on the couch bathing in my own sweat lol!!! Thus I take 5 showers a day! lol I guess it's the way of living in China or many other Asian countries. My grandparents are used to the humid and hot weather, they think it's normal, so I guess for factory workers, they don't mind either. It's like here in Canada, when my friends are complaining about the 30 degrees celsius (about 100F I think), it's JUST the right temp. for me! :supacool:

However, I've seen documentaries about Chinese factories being unfair to their workers, especially in accidents where a worker injures him/herself and then the factory refuses to pay for the damages. Sometimes it's really sad, cuz workers have a thumb or hand chopped off from the machines and the factory boss claims that it's the worker who didn't use the machine properly, thus it's his own fault...... Iono, that's an extreme case, but still, I think it doesn't MATTER who's fault it is, as long as the worker hurt him/herself on the factory's PROPERTY, then they should pay for the damages!

I know what you mean by the sweating...ahahah...whenever I go back home (Hong Kong) the minute I get out of any air-conditioned area, I sweat like a hog! And it's not like...moist...it's like, WET! I hate it when I sweat through my shirt; it's so disgusting, but it's so hot and humid there (especially in the summer) it's inevitable. As for showers, I usually only take one a day since whenever I go back the A/C is always on, so I only shower after I go home from being out all day (and it feels sooo good). I don't know how the people there can think the winters are cold! It's like 10-15 degrees (celcius) and it's considered FREEZING COLD! LOL and you start seeing everyone wearing bubble jackets...while I'm still in my shorts. Hahaha, they usually look at me like I'm crazy.

Sorry, got a little OT there...but as for the factory conditions and the treatment of workers in China, I'd say blame the high population...too many people = tons of workers = too many people to care for. Since labour is so plentiful, of course labour will be cheap!

the only thing that's made in China is the packaging. certain Coach fans only spread this rumour (originally started by those who sell "A" grade LV fakes) is to validate their 100% made in China Coach bags to be just as good. pure urban legend.... like that friend of a friend's first cousin's neighbour's hairdresser's aunt who returned a fake LV bag in a boutique and managed to exchage it for an authentic one. poppycock!!!!!

deluxeduck, you are so right! This is such a tired rumor:rolleyes: .

I know what you mean by the sweating...ahahah...whenever I go back home (Hong Kong) the minute I get out of any air-conditioned area, I sweat like a hog! And it's not like...moist...it's like, WET! I hate it when I sweat through my shirt; it's so disgusting, but it's so hot and humid there (especially in the summer) it's inevitable. As for showers, I usually only take one a day since whenever I go back the A/C is always on, so I only shower after I go home from being out all day (and it feels sooo good). I don't know how the people there can think the winters are cold! It's like 10-15 degrees (celcius) and it's considered FREEZING COLD! LOL and you start seeing everyone wearing bubble jackets...while I'm still in my shorts. Hahaha, they usually look at me like I'm crazy.

Sorry, got a little OT there...but as for the factory conditions and the treatment of workers in China, I'd say blame the high population...too many people = tons of workers = too many people to care for. Since labour is so plentiful, of course labour will be cheap!

Haha! I agree! The weather's somewhat insane there, so let's go back to talking about LV: DO NOT carry a LV in China! lol My two major reasons for this is (1) the humidity is a no-no if you're into the pure white vachetta look (which may also cause more wear on the bag....) and (2) BEWARE OF THIEVES!!!!

omg...I cannot tell you how important (2) is! I sound totally paranoid, but it's true even in big cities! My cousin once carried a LV bag and she was just browsing stuff on the side of the street. Then this guy on his motorcycle comes zooming by and rips off her bag!!!!! I'm serious! She was totally horified cuz she was using her friend's massively expensive cell phone (about 5000 $ US!!!!!!! yup 5-THOUSAND!) and lost it along with the bag....
That's why when my mom and I go back, we carry the UGLIEST bags ever lol or at least I do, and my mom carries a PLASTIC bag (like...those from grocery stores lol) just to avoid thieves and getting their attention! haha but they have no idea that we're carrying $$$$$$$$$ in those cheap bags!

No, it's not done in China. LV expanded their operations into the U.S. and Spain (an old Loewe factory) to meet the demand, and they haven't cut corners by going to China.

I heard that parts of lv is made in china to reduce the cost of manufture (I know the bags, dustbags boxes etc. are all made in china (it says it on them)) but i heard that the brass zippers and hardware etc. are made in china and the leathers and canvases are made and cut in china and taken to france to assemble, the L.E. stuff isn't becuase the process takes to long and is a major reason as to why it is mroe expencive, dont know how true it is but i does make sense

the whole country if you know where to look. Theres cool mom and pop restaurants and theres high end restaurants and everything in between. The thing about asia is its diverse, you can carry your LV bag and eat noodles at a street vendor for 50c, and by dinner time go eat at a Spanish Tapas place and spend $200. Its really all up to you...:graucho: