No love for JenLove pumps?

maryg1

K in a circle
O.G.
Aug 29, 2006
I was browsing the Louboutin site and came across the JenLove pumps. I’m intrigued because I was specifically searching for a pair of Louboutin with straps so the foot can stay more firmly in place than with pumps, but I can’t info on this model here. With a 100 mm heel it is not super high
anyone has it and can share opinion on comfort?

I was browsing the Louboutin site and came across the JenLove pumps. I’m intrigued because I was specifically searching for a pair of Louboutin with straps so the foot can stay more firmly in place than with pumps, but I can’t info on this model here. With a 100 mm heel it is not super high
anyone has it and can share opinion on comfort?

I can't help, but I am just here to say that I am here for them, and I also need a strap (I've high insteps).

They are certainly a very good looking shoe, but I have tried many a Louboutin shoe and never really found them comfortable. And for me 100s are still high without a slight platform.

I am waiting to hear what others say, I'd love to try. They are certainly :tender:

Reactions: maryg1
I know a little about shoe design and you can tell from the arch that this isn't really designed for comfort. In fact, I'm not sure what the reason is for the price on this brand (except the name). I have had a few of their shoes because I believed the hype that they were supposed to be better made, etc. but alas, it was just marketing.

Women's fashion shoes, especially high heels (even "luxury" brands), are NOT usually designed to be comfortable or to last a long time. The design philosophy on a heel is: 1. Why make them comfortable? It just adds extra cost and women will wear them regardless of how comfortable they are. 2. Why make them durable? Again, that adds extra cost and the styles change too quickly to make it worthwhile. Toe shape in particular changes to such an extent that new heels need to be purchased every few years anyway, otherwise they look dated.

In the case of Louboutin, they don't really have any excuse not to design the arches better, considering the prices they charge. Plenty of much lower priced brands make much better quality. But apparently they are prioritizing profit margins over providing a quality product. I mean, to be fair, if we keep buying them, who can blame them I guess.