No, I didn't say THE Borg!

Ok, here is a little confession.....please don't laugh--too hard.

My DH is a Star Trek fan...not a huge fan, but he'll watch the shows and movies if they are on t.v.

Well, while I was pregnant we were having constant d****** about what to name our son. I wanted something a little more traditional and LOVE the names like Ben, Jacob, Jack, etc. He wanted something different since we knew a lot of Jack's, etc. So one day as he was watching Enterprise w/Scott Bakula.....he shouts from the family room, "Hey how about the name Archer?!?" which was Scott Bakula's character name on Enterprises---it's was Captain Archer. I thought he was nuts and taking his love for Star Trek a little TOO far!! Well, low and behold after much debate and even holding out until the very last minute to name our son---basically we were being released from the hospital and the SS employee said, "We NEED a name before you leave!" We named him Archer---and I couldn't love the name more!

I especially love how he says his name, "My name is Archeeer"

Emanu1016, what a cute story!!! I love the name Archer, also.

jedimaster, you ARE a fan! What about SG-1/Atlantis? (OMG now I'm admitting that I like cheesy sci-fi too??!)

Somehow, I could never get into the Stargate series, but I did like the movie. ..... Cheesy Sci-Fi? No such thing!

I think Sci Fi is compelling because there's conflict and danger, but its so far fetched that you can be entertained by it without being scared out of your mind, the way you are when something is too close to home.

oh NO he di'int!!! LOL :roflmfao: A Vulcan!?!? Wowee. DH knew to hide it from me for a while.

Oh, and 7 of 9 was Definitely my favorite! I'm naming my next pups 7 and Spock. (Maybe i'll have a Data in there, too. lol) I want a house full of Star Trek Maltese!

Emanu, i think that's such a great name!! You won't get any laughs from me, sister!

LOL. yes, he does.

and then he went to vegas to shoot a commercial and called me from the star trek restaurant, what was that called? he was having a burger and was so excited. i sure know how to pick em.

Somehow, I could never get into the Stargate series, but I did like the movie. ..... Cheesy Sci-Fi? No such thing!

I think Sci Fi is compelling because there's conflict and danger, but its so far fetched that you can be entertained by it without being scared out of your mind, the way you are when something is too close to home.

That's an interesting viewpoint on it; I haven't given it that much thought, but if I were to (heh) I bet I would have come to a similar conclusion.
OMG, though--how could anyone resist darling little James Spader in Stargate! The guy who played his character in the series was just about as cute (but probably not quite as much of a kinky freak as Spader is, LMAO). At times, the series was really good, but it jumped the shark in a spectacular way the 2 years before it ended...once McGyver left. At any rate, I'm embarrassing myself now. LOL

Jennifleur, you are so funny with your Star Trek kennel!

That's an interesting viewpoint on it; I haven't given it that much thought, but if I were to (heh) I bet I would have come to a similar conclusion.

There's also the cute clothes (Kes in StarTrek, looking like a futuristic Jil Sander advertisement; The telepath in Babylon 5 - a "kelly girl" if I've ever seen one) and the nifty gadgets (the transponder - how handy this would have been last Wednesday when the subway was down)

I'm on my way to the airport shortly to pick up my Dad, and I was saying goodbye to my husband. He took a deep sniff, and said, "You smell nice, what are you wearing?". So I answered him distractedly, "24 Fauborg".
He said, "Twenty four of the borg?" and then in a faux-French accent said, "ze resistance, eeet eees futile!" :borg:

LOL!

Needless to say, I rarely wonder why I married this guy. He never fails to make me laugh!

oh and ps, he's aware of and has been to the Mothership, and if I'm not mistaken he actually bought me this bottle of 24 Fbg. Hee!

:heart::heart::heart:

So romantic ( can you have him cloned??) and posted to this side of the pond

:yes:

I love the name archer!

My Deerhound puppy is called Obei, but not from star trek He was born in Ireland so its the celtic spelling for Obey
Not that he does!!

Needless to say I call him obei bobi! or obei one dont say no bee

( ohh and he just chewed up my chanel shoes :wtf:)

Obei on the right snogging lullaby ( grovelling he is male )

Attachments

• CIMG3031.JPG
    CIMG3031.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 19
Cynthia, Jennifluer, ardneish....thank you. we actually have only heard of 1 more little boy named Archer! Everytime someone compliments us on his name my husband gives me this little grin of "hahaha, told ya so it was a cool name!"

Also, another little confession......my BIL sort of knows Scott Bakula so for Archer's 1st b-day, my BIL gave him a pic. from Bakula signed that said something like....from one archer to another...or something like that. Maybe he will appreciate when he is older :shrugs:

Archer is a strong name in England I think it goes back in history
they where so respected, and so important

Even today the name/word Archer signifies strength
accuracy Dignity

Its a good english name!!!
( over here it would maybe get shortened to Archie) I am not a one for shortening names. but have a good friend called archie and the name so suits him.

The boy's name Archer \a-rcher, ar-cher\ is pronounced AR-cher. It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "bowman". From the word "arcarius". An English from medieval times when bows and arrows were essential hunting and fighting equipment. Mildly popular in the 19th century. In Australia, the name may be used as homage to the seven Archer brothers who were well-known pastoralists and explorers in 19th-century Queensland. Philantrophist Archer Huntington.