No Galliera PM for me :(

haven

Jul 4, 2008
I just have to express my frustration, anger, and irritation somewhere. I placed an order on eluxury for some LV items pre price increase. I was really excited by the Galliera PM. My credit card was charged, I got the shipment confirmation email, and I called yesterday to make sure that the order was shipped (the rep on the phone told me that it was on the fedex truck as we speak). Then this morning I get an email confirming the return of my order. I called, and the rep said that the order had accidentally been cancelled. She went on to say how the other reps could have told me that b/c the cancellation was in their system for a couple of days. She said that she could redo the order for me but that she could not authorize a price reduction to adjust for the price increase - which was the whole point of my ordering the items before 8/19. So they are willing to redo my order at the new higher prices. I declined. I am going to stick with Neimans and LV botiques from now on, which is a shame b/c I have never had a bad experience with eluxury until now.

I'm sorry - call and speak with a manager in order to get the previous price. Did they say why your order was canceled? If it was their fault, they def should give you the pre-increase price.

The cancellation was in their system for at least 3 days (the cancellation was processed on 8/16). Plenty of time for me to redo the order pre price increase. What ticked me off the most was that the reps whom I spoke to on 8/17 and yesterday said nothing about it.

I'm sorry - call and speak with a manager in order to get the previous price. Did they say why your order was canceled? If it was their fault, they def should give you the pre-increase price.

The rep did offer to let me speak to her manager. I just was so disgusted by the whole thing that I declined. The rep noted in my account that I thought that I should get a price adjustment, so if I call back later to speak to the manager my request has been recorded.

I suppose that I could call back, argue with the manager, and get the price adjustment. I just don't want to go through all of the hassle. I get that mistakes can happen, but they should bend over backwards to compensate for the mistake - especially when they took my money & told me that the items were being shipped (on the phone and via email) after the cancellation mistake happened.

It just depends on if you want to give them your $ or not. If saving the $ counts then you should fight for it. But if you have a boutique near you, I say go and build up a relationship with an SA and that will help prevent problems like this in the future.

It just depends on if you want to give them your $ or not. If saving the $ counts then you should fight for it. But if you have a boutique near you, I say go and build up a relationship with an SA and that will help prevent problems like this in the future.

I usually do work with a SA at South Coast Plaza or one at Neimans. The Galliera PM is just so hard to find right now that when I saw it online I jumped at the chance to get it before 8/19. Now I do plan to wait for it to show up at the botique. Saving the money would be nice, but the hassle and shipping costs of buying it online are more of a negative than paying a little more $ at the botique.

Sorry to hear about your experience !

For a luxury retailer, they are surprisingly unaccomodating, especially since this was THEIR mistake. :\

I am so sad for your news!

If it were me, I would be fighting they send me the bag with an invoice dated pre-price increase, but can understand if the frustration isn't worth it anymorn!

Sorry to hear that. I'm awaiting a bag from elux that hasn't been mailed out yet. I purchased it a couple weeks ago and it was dusty and scratched so I returned it for a new one. It's taken them a long time to do the return. I hope they don't charge me the new prices..hmm we'll have to wait and see.