No Fakes Being Sold Door to Door Where My Husband Works!!

Way to go for your Hubby!!!!!:tup:
I had the same thing happen to me. A local hair stylist was having a "Purse Party" she came by to give me a flyer. When I asked her who was bringing the bags and if they were authentic she got all flustered & said " well they tell me they are real so I have to believe they are."

Then I noticed the bag she had on.
I said "Did you get your bag from him?" She said "yes, & everyone compliments me on it"(she was all smiles until) I said"Well it's a fake Coach & for that matter one of the ugliest I've ever seen. The trim is vinyl & it has the wrong color tags & the stitching is horrible, so if I were you
I wouldn't have this "party". You know it's a federal crime to deal in fakes right?"

She left faster than
I could say "SEE YA!":roflmfao:
I'm no expert but when it's fake it's usually ugly.

Way to go for your Hubby!!!!!:tup:

I had the same thing happen to me. A local hair stylist was having a "Purse Party" she came by to give me a flyer. When I asked her who was bringing the bags and if they were authentic she got all flustered & said " well they tell me they are real so I have to believe they are."

Then I noticed the bag she had on.
I said "Did you get your bag from him?" She said "yes, & everyone compliments me on it"(she was all smiles until) I said"Well it's a fake Coach & for that matter one of the ugliest I've ever seen. The trim is vinyl & it has the wrong color tags & the stitching is horrible, so if I were you
I wouldn't have this "party". You know it's a federal crime to deal in fakes right?"

She left faster than
I could say "SEE YA!":roflmfao:
I'm no expert but when it's fake it's usually ugly.

while it's fine to have a strong stance on counterfeit goods, i'm not sure i would be so proud or happy saying something like that to anyone. there are a lot of things people do that i don't agree with, and, honestly, i am guilty of passing judgment. however, for the most part, i keep it to myself. i understand why you did not want to attend this party and even the validity of you pointing out that the sale of counterfeit items is illegal, but to go so far as to tell her that her purse is ugly and to further list the reasons why? that borders on tackless and uncouth behavior.

shay86.....I contacted every manufacturer in that store either by phone or email, along with police, news, and other authorities.....nothing being done. There is a thread here about the whole saga. I just gave up, but I tried really hard to get them out of business. Can't believe it is legal to operate a store that blatantly sells counterfeit items. If anything comes of my persistence, I'll definitely let everyone know.

while it's fine to have a strong stance on counterfeit goods, i'm not sure i would be so proud or happy saying something like that to anyone. there are a lot of things people do that i don't agree with, and, honestly, i am guilty of passing judgment. however, for the most part, i keep it to myself. i understand why you did not want to attend this party and even the validity of you pointing out that the sale of counterfeit items is illegal, but to go so far as to tell her that her purse is ugly and to further list the reasons why? that borders on tackless and uncouth behavior.

I appreciate your advice. :smile: I guess I should have mentioned that I have been bombarded with these type things & that I've known this girl all my life. She also would feel free to let me know how she felt on something in no uncertain words. I would never think to speak in those terms to a stranger.
I had hoped that being somewhat rude & letting them know it's illegal to do what they are doing would put a stop to these "parties" in our area. There is one or 2 every week. They even advertise in our local newspaper. :tdown: No one seems to care(authority wise).

PS: I'm not proud it was just something that needed to be said. IMO

Compass Rose, your husband is a keeper! Lucky, lucky you!!
I think all we can do is make a personal commitment to "do the right thing." Which means: don't buy fakes (who would even want to?) and raise consciousness about fakes with others. But in the end...we are not our sister's keeper, and people will do what they want. All we can be responsible for is ourselves. One by one.

Well said, TropicalGal.......Every now and then I log on to a cruise forum, and it just makes me so sick to see all of the threads from women asking where to buy the "best" fakes in the Caribbean. It seems like the fakes have infested every designer. :sad::sad::sad::sad:

I cannot believe someone would have the guts to go door-to-door to BUSINESSES trying to sell illegal counterfeits. WOW. I suppose with the way the women in the office were acting, though, she probably made a killing doing so at most places. That's just shameful, though.

Good for your dh for standing up! You ought to be proud of him!

shay86.....I contacted every manufacturer in that store either by phone or email, along with police, news, and other authorities.....nothing being done. There is a thread here about the whole saga. I just gave up, but I tried really hard to get them out of business. Can't believe it is legal to operate a store that blatantly sells counterfeit items. If anything comes of my persistence, I'll definitely let everyone know.

wow that really stinks :sad: