no exaggeration, what do i do??????!

its ok. animal control came. its all under control. somebody else called them, and they drove the coyotes out of the area. im not really sure but i think their pack leader was rabid. but im not sure. the details are sketchy. but everything is ok. yay.

Wow, coyotes!! Only seen them on telly...the only wild life threatening us here are big hairy spiders scaring the living daylight out of me, couldn't imagine dealing with a pack of coyotes, glad you got it sorted, stay safe!:smile:

When we lived in Fort Irwin, CA we also had Coyotes running through our neighborhood. When that happened, we (and nearly everybody else) would call 911 to report it, along with Animal control. They came out pretty quick, since we lived on base and always took care of the situation.

Keep your pets indoors and (if you have a fence) within your yard so you can get them in quickly!

try playing loud music..or anything loud..a car honking.. anything..that may scare them off. We have coyotes here in the desert but they are mostly fraidy cats. They do scare easy.

We've had wild turkeys go through our yard, too. Our cats will be watching them out the window, tails twitching, probably thinking "We could take 'em!"

And you know that if my cats were let anywhere near those turkeys, the turkeys would totally kick my cats' asses!

I would be scared thinking that some little kid might be playing in their yard. Maybe you can contact the mayor's office and see if the township can do something once and for all to get rid of them?

At one point I lived on 5 acres in Jupiter, Florida. Off a dirt road--way out with thousands of acres of nothing behind our house. We had pygmy rattlesnakes that would bite my dogs (beagles) and then wild boar would dig up the yards. Bobcats would try to get in the garbage cans. I think what scared me most was seeing a alligator in our lake after it was filled with water. Then a panther would sun itself 3 houses down by the lake almost every afternoon. I did not know we had all these animals out there when we first moved in and think of how I would walk my dogs at night around the yard or hubby and his friend would walk the dogs for a mile at night. I never was so happy to sell the house and move to the beach. Of course now the house is probably worth a million dollars.......with all the growth in that town having 5 acres is hard to get. But all in all country life is not for me, give me stores and people and things to do....I never again want to worry about going outside and maybe getting bit by a snake or something.

I would be scared thinking that some little kid might be playing in their yard. Maybe you can contact the mayor's office and see if the township can do something once and for all to get rid of them?

At one point I lived on 5 acres in Jupiter, Florida. Off a dirt road--way out with thousands of acres of nothing behind our house. We had pygmy rattlesnakes that would bite my dogs (beagles) and then wild boar would dig up the yards. Bobcats would try to get in the garbage cans. I think what scared me most was seeing a alligator in our lake after it was filled with water. Then a panther would sun itself 3 houses down by the lake almost every afternoon. I did not know we had all these animals out there when we first moved in and think of how I would walk my dogs at night around the yard or hubby and his friend would walk the dogs for a mile at night. I never was so happy to sell the house and move to the beach. Of course now the house is probably worth a million dollars.......with all the growth in that town having 5 acres is hard to get. But all in all country life is not for me, give me stores and people and things to do....I never again want to worry about going outside and maybe getting bit by a snake or something.

so true! there are so many snakes in my yard. but ive only seen one rattler...
isn't it crazy how houses have acclimated to such prices????
there are one bedroom condos im my area going for 800,000 bucks.
that is INSANE.