No envelope

AnnieVan

O.G.
Jul 11, 2010
I recently purchased a bag online that I've wanted for a very long time. One thing that was very unusual was that there was no envelope and none of the extras that normally come when you purchase in the store, such as the bar coded tags, the tag that explains what the bag is made out of, etc. I bought this directly from the Louis Vuitton website, so I don't have to worry that it's not authentic. However, this seems highly unusual. Here's a photo of those extras I received from a bag recently purchased in store, at the Galleria LV. 20200511_090309.jpg20200511_090145.jpgImage.jpg

Warehouses are working hard to fulfill orders. I wouldn't be surprised if shipments come with no ribbon, no envelopes, no tags, etc. If the envelope is really important to you, can you go into the LV store when safe to do so and request one.

By the way, for my in store purchases some CA's actually take out the barcode and care tag. It may be important to some but not having those included shouldn't really be considered "unusual".

Thank you! I knew it must be authentic since I ordered directly from the website, but that just seemed rather unusual to me. I love my bag though (Speedy B 30 Mono). It's perfect!

I recently make a purchase and it also didn't come with the ribbon and I was curious and I asked them and they said that the ribbons, gift tags and envelopes have been temporarily halted and they wouldn't be able to say when they will have it available again.

Reactions: AnnieVan
I just picked up my order that I made through my SA. When I opened the box in store, the ribbons were thrown in plus the dust box was damaged. LOL It looked like it was an online return, probably was. You'd think they would inspect the bag and prepare it prior to the customer receiving it... But I understand at this time, there is no time for that plus the SAs seemed really stressed during our visit. I just asked for a new box and they also tied the ribbon up for me. Perhaps if you have one, you can ask your SA for an envelope.