No eBay confirmation for Buy It Now?

sarahsar

O.G.
Sep 1, 2007
Hi, eBay experts - I haven't purchased much from eBay in a while. Today I bought two things, one by auction and one by Buy It Now. I paid for both immediately and got PayPal email confirmation. For the auction item, I also got the usual eBay confirmation (you have won this item, etc., etc.). For the Buy It Now item, I got only the PayPal email, but nothing from eBay. I thought that was odd. It's been a while since my last Buy It Now, but I've always used BIN many times in the past and I'm almost sure I've received confirmation. I called eBay, and they said they don't send out emails for Buy It Nows. Does that sound right? Is this something they've changed recently?

Oh, and one more thing is that with the item in question the seller had three for sale. I bought one and there are two left. Maybe that makes a difference?

I think its a new change, I bought headphones last week on BIN, and was surprised to not receive an email from Ebay.

I'm glad to hear that. I thought it was so odd and was worried that something was wrong with the transaction. Normally I wouldn't be quite so neurotic, but this was something time-sensitive that I need to get in the near future. I didn't want to get caught up in some dispute situation if there was a mix-up.

I used to receive these emails from ebay (you bought this item etc) when I won a Buy it now auction. I made a purchase a few days ago, and I did not receive it. Everything was ok, so don't worry! :smile:

I haven't been getting my buy it now emails either for awhile now. And I always used to. No worries, it's just new procedure (or lack of, lol) and everything has been fine for my purchases.