No date code? It’s intentional!

Honestly, I would be surprised if they didn't use some sort of technology based solution for authentication already or very soon. This doesn't have to be visible to the consumer. The visible date codes could serve a different purpose like if there should be a recall of some kind of certain batches.
This would have to be at the point of service too- where the bag is accepted for repair. Otherwise, fakes as well as authentic items would be sent for repair. Legally, LV has the right to confiscate obvious counterfeit goods. It would be interesting to find out where authentication occurs.

I like to know when my bags were made so this is unfortunate if this will be the way LV dates their bags. Maybe if you really want to know the boutiques will tell you the date if you take these bags in.

Reactions: Liberté
This would have to be at the point of service too- where the bag is accepted for repair. Otherwise, fakes as well as authentic items would be sent for repair. Legally, LV has the right to confiscate obvious counterfeit goods. It would be interesting to find out where authentication occurs.

I like to know when my bags were made so this is unfortunate if this will be the way LV dates their bags. Maybe if you really want to know the boutiques will tell you the date if you take these bags in.
It seems like it's in the making. :smile:
LVMH unveils block chain technology

So I ordered a pochette metis reverse mono. It came crooked, with a date code in early 2019 and made in USA. The exchange came but this one didn’t have a date code. It only had the tag saying made in USA of imported materials. So I called into Lv customer service. The CS advised me that many of the new styles now do not have obvious date codes inside the bag to avoid counterfeiting. She told me that this meant that the bag I had was newer, and that the date code is somewhere behind the interior and the bag would have to be taken apart to find it, but that it is still there for repair purposes to be able to identity the bag.

So to those of you who have been seeing no date code in your bags, don’t worry. The advisor told me that the date codes are inside the bag and one would have to take apart the bag to find it. She said that they are still there so that if a repair as needed the bag is able to be identified but that some of the newer bags in various styles are not coming out with obvious date codes.

This was also what the lady at Customer Service told (no visible date codes to avoid counterfeiting) me last year when I asked her about production date codes because I can´t find mine in my LV Speedy Damier Ebene 25. I bought mine at the LV store in Barcelona in 2018 and just this month, I bought a Pochette Metis online and can´t find the code either.

Last edited: