No date code in favorite mm!!

Mar 24, 2020
So I was recently able to snag a fav mm in DA on the website after stalking for days. I already own the favorite mm in Mono that was purchased at a LV store in Paris in 2017. So I know its authentic. But today after looking at my new one, I got curious to see when my mono was made and I can't find a date code!! I looked in the normal spot and all over and nothing. Could they have forgotten? The crazy part of my brain is now wondering if its actually fake somehow like it was switched or something. HELP

Reactions: Rl3dc
So I was recently able to snag a fav mm in DA on the website after stalking for days. I already own the favorite mm in Mono that was purchased at a LV store in Paris in 2017. So I know its authentic. But today after looking at my new one, I got curious to see when my mono was made and I can't find a date code!! I looked in the normal spot and all over and nothing. Could they have forgotten? The crazy part of my brain is now wondering if its actually fake somehow like it was switched or something. HELP

Here's pictures of the bag...the last pic where it's supposed to be.

Attachments

• 20200331_210302.jpg
    20200331_210302.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 176
  • 20200331_210012.jpg
    20200331_210012.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 20200331_210115.jpg
    20200331_210115.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 20200331_210349.jpg
    20200331_210349.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 179
  • 20200331_210406.jpg
    20200331_210406.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 182
  • 20200331_210416.jpg
    20200331_210416.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 182
Reactions: rachelsysy
I have to say i have never ever ever even on some vintage bags not had a date code of some kind, some strange ones, old old, but not one there at all....especially on a new or fairly new bag?!!!???

If you got that from an LV store I don’t think you have to be concerned it is fake. Reach out to LV and see what they say. Unless you plan on selling in the future I don’t think it’s a big deal.

Reactions: amandacasey

thats pretty weird.

however i wanted to share don’t take for granted even if it’s from boutique, you can’t guarantee What some dishonest ppl out there would do... I bought a DE mini Pochette just 1 week ago(end March. 2020 ) from LV website. When it delivered , the date code was for May 2019. That’s almost 10mths old!!! Everything looked authentic but i suspect someone may have ordered it before me and returned the older one and kept the new one. Anyways, I wasn’t comfortable and returned the bag.

thats pretty weird.

however i wanted to share don’t take for granted even if it’s from boutique, you can’t guarantee What some dishonest ppl out there would do... I bought a DE mini Pochette just 1 week ago(end March. 2020 ) from LV website. When it delivered , the date code was for May 2019. That’s almost 10mths old!!! Everything looked authentic but i suspect someone may have ordered it before me and returned the older one and kept the new one. Anyways, I wasn’t comfortable and returned the bag.
I don't think that is weird with old datecode, This is quite common when it comes to the canvas bags and mini, LV likes to sit on a bit of stock a good while before releasing it

I bought a bag a few years ago from the lv website. When it came it was perfect...but the date code was from 2 years prior!! I thought it was strange but I kept the bag and still have it- it's one of my favorites. Dont let the date code or lack there of stop you from keeping the bag.

Reactions: BULL
thats pretty weird.

When I used to be really active on this forum prior to 2013, I don't remember this level of obsession with getting a bag with a "new" date code. 10 months old is really nothing... I've been buying LV since 2006 and I don't think I'd ever checked how "new" my bags are until I came back to TPF in 2019 and saw everyone obsessing over getting bags with new date codes. If the bag is in perfect condition without signs of use, does it really matter?