No Bridgit for me

sushisushi

O.G.
Jun 14, 2007
So I've been bummed for the past couple of weeks. I had purchased a black Bridgit in early January and had been so excited to received it and start using it. I've been admiring those of other TPF'rs for a while so I finally gave in decided to buy one. Well, wouldn't you know it... I never received it. After going back and forth with the seller through emails to find out what happened to the package, we discovered that Canada Post had somehow delivered it to the wrong address even though the seller had the correct address on the package. There was insurance and delivery confirmation on the package, and apparently, someone else had signed for and received the purse on my behalf. :wtf: The name of the person who signed was not even someone I knew.

Unfortunately, there was nothing that Canada Post would do for me and the seller had to file a request for an investigation through USPS. I got my refund from the seller and she will claim insurance and the shipping cost through USPS. Ug... how can this happen? Why would someone sign for a package that is obviously not theirs? And :cursing: to Canada Post for delivering it the the wrong address! This is the first time that this has ever happened to me and to the seller too. Hopefully, it will be the last.

So, no Bridgit for me for now. Also, I believe in karma so I hope that whoever has my purse in their possession gets theirs.

oh dear! i'm so sorry to hear that, girl! :hugs: you're right... karma bites like a *****. :yes: don't worry, the bridgits are going lower on the bay now. you can find BINs of $189. don't give up on bridgit! :heart:

Oh that's terrible! What a disappointment! :sad: I'm glad the seller was good about refunding your money. I hope whoever signed and kept it, decides to return it because I do believe in karma!
I agree with Dragonette though, don't give up on Bridgit!

Yikes! That happened to me once with an American Girl doll I ordered. I found out exactly which house UPS misdirected it to and I went there and knocked on the door and asked for my package! They looked so embarrassed and it was opened and the doll was being played with and their daughter started crying and it was not a good situation. Of course, you can't do that and I wouldn't recommend it.
Keep looking for Bridgit! You'll find one.

Thanks for your replies everyone. I just had to get this out. Oh, I had forgotten to mention that I had bought it off ebay. The seller and I had come to an agreement to cancel the transaction. She did have another one listed but did not want to send it out to me at the risk of having it go missing again. As much as I would've loved for her to do that, I don't blame her for not wanting too.

peackocky - Thanks. I actually have that auction in my watch listing. The lack of a strap is stopping me from buying it. It is a great price though.

oopsididitagain - Ug! What an awkward situation to be in! The poor little girl. I hope that the parents bought her another one to make up for their indiscretion and I hope that they learned their lesson.

Yikes! That happened to me once with an American Girl doll I ordered. I found out exactly which house UPS misdirected it to and I went there and knocked on the door and asked for my package! They looked so embarrassed and it was opened and the doll was being played with and their daughter started crying and it was not a good situation. Of course, you can't do that and I wouldn't recommend it.
Keep looking for Bridgit! You'll find one.

:wtf:

I can't believe someone would do that.. well, yes I can. Some people have no shame.

I am so sorry that happened to you - what a shame! Dont let it change your feelings about Bridgit though - its a gorgeous bag, and you can definitely get one NWT on ebay for a decent price.

Opps - :wtf:! Holy crap!! What a story!

I'm so sorry to hear about the shipping issue with your Bridgit. It's a good thing that despite it being an off eBay transaction, that the seller did indeed refund you the purchase price of the bag. I once mistakenly signed for a neighbor's package and didn't realize it until I was almost ready to open the box. Fed Ex and UPS had delivered several packages that afternoon to the house and my neighbor's packaged somehow got mixed in with ours. Thank goodness that I checked the package label before I opened the package as I noticed that the wrong name and address was listed. I immediately went over to the neighbor's house and delivered the package, while explaining that I had mistakenly received and signed for it. Going forward, I now carfefully check the shipping label on all packages received before signing for them.

Last edited:
I am so sorry that happened to you - what a shame! Dont let it change your feelings about Bridgit though - its a gorgeous bag, and you can definitely get one NWT on ebay for a decent price.

Opps - :wtf:! Holy crap!! What a story!

I am determined to own a Bridgit one day and will check ebay again. I recall admiring the ones that you have, an amethyst and a black one if I remember correctly? It's such a nice purse.

Expy00 - A similar thing happened to DH. Purolator came by one morning with a package from Dell. HB fixed computers so he though it was something work-related, but it turned out that it was a laptop that belonged to one of our neighbours. The address on the label was ours, but we recognized the recipient name as being our neighbour's. He promptly went across the street to return the package to it's real owner.

I never pay attention when I sign but I will now. I usually know when something is coming though and I've only gotten someone else's mail, not a package. The worst thing I got was a wedding invitation... Their address wasn't even on my street!!!

Last edited:
I just read Oops' reply... holy carp! That's terrible!!! When you go to pick up your package at UPS you have to show your id... so why not require it at home too... You can't trust people!

Expy00 - A similar thing happened to DH. Purolator came by one morning with a package from Dell. HB fixed computers so he though it was something work-related, but it turned out that it was a laptop that belonged to one of our neighbours. The address on the label was ours, but we recognized the recipient name as being our neighbour's. He promptly went across the street to return the package to it's real owner.

It's certainly a good thing that you noticed that the name on the shipping label was incorrect. I can only imagine how relieved that your neighbor must have been when your husband dropped off the laptop/package.

Last edited: