No Baby Pink Birkins

koukanamiya said:
Wow, that's a pretty bad fake, I hope nobody bids on it ... Funny how she wrote the hardware was gold when it is pretty evident that it's silver.:lol:

What's even worse is that Zebulon is not that far from me! I can't believe this bag is right here in my state! She should be ashamed for trying to sell this bag for so much money!

rainrowan said:
With all their wealth, it may be of very little importance to them whether it's a status bag or not.

I think it's a very different mindset, they are not wrapped up in a competitive ego, b/c they already know they are currently hot commodity and beyond that kind of thinking. They probably don't care to show they can afford xxxx brand of bag because their own self confidance carries them through life. They know they look fashionable regardless in front of the media! :tender:

I have met people who work hard for their money but they also work just as hard showing off how much status they have. It's just a different mindset. Wealthy enough to afford status, but not wealthy enough not to give a damn what others think of them.

I'm not talking about status and ego. I'm talking about being seen supporting the industry of fake bags. Don't you think designers would notice it and be a bit miffed that these people are supporting the counterfeiters?

nathansgirl1908 said:
What's even worse is that Zebulon is not that far from me! I can't believe this bag is right here in my state! She should be ashamed for trying to sell this bag for so much money!

I don't think anyone has bidded on that yet ... What's also REALLY annoying is when the holiday times come rolling around! That's when you see a super abundance of fakes on eBay, some of which in exotics. Last December I saw someone bidding on a fake fuchsia ostrich Birkin 35cm! The leather and color were all wrong yet the unsuspecting bidder apparently bought the story about the seller needing to pay her medical bill and BIN the ugly bag for $5000!!!:wtf: :rant:

nathansgirl1908 said:
I'm not talking about status and ego. I'm talking about being seen supporting the industry of fake bags. Don't you think designers would notice it and be a bit miffed that these people are supporting the counterfeiters?

Do you mean you think it's a source of amusement for celebrities to support the counterfeit industry? Perhaps I'm not interpreting your original question correctly but I haven't really considered celebrities intentionally supporting counterfeit. It certainly gives the namebrand more exposure, in a round-about way!

It's the small elite percentage of genuine bag owners who know the real deal, the general public (99%) recognize the namebrand and general style but not the quality or even cost of these bags.

rainrowan said:
Do you mean you think it's a source of amusement for celebrities to support the counterfeit industry? Perhaps I'm not interpreting your original question correctly but I haven't really considered celebrities intentionally supporting counterfeit. It certainly gives the namebrand more exposure, in a round-about way!

It's the small elite percentage of genuine bag owners who know the real deal, the general public (99%) recognize the namebrand and general style but not the quality or even cost of these bags.

Basically what I'm saying is this...designers give the Hiltons freebies all the time and get excited because the girls are continously phtographed. Yet, I don't think the designers would appreciate seeing the girls rocking obviously fake bags. Its not about whether the general public recognizes it..I think it is a slap in the face to many designers. Think about how aggressively some designers pursue these counterfeiters...and then how it looks to the designer to see a Hilton carrying something the designers are aggressively trying to keep off the shelves because it represents theft of an idea. The brand might get exposure, but its still supporting the theft of a design/idea.

koukanamiya said:
Wow, that's a pretty bad fake, I hope nobody bids on it ... Funny how she wrote the hardware was gold when it is pretty evident that it's silver.:lol:

I decided to contact her to see what she would say. Here is her response...

Message 1: [FONT=Arial, Verdana]Item: NEW WITH TAGS PINK HERMES BIRKIN TOGO LEATHER (300003250265)[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Verdana]This message was sent while the listing was active.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]todayspast is the seller.[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]NO THE COLOR IS NOT TRUE AS MOST OF THE PINKS AND REDS ARE NOT PICKED UP BY MY CAMERA. I USUALLY STATE THAT. IT IS PINK AND IT HAS A TAG ON IT THAT HAS THE WORD AUTHENTIC IS ON THE HAND TAG. IT IS GUARANTEED AND MAYBE I LEFT THAT OUT. IT DOES HAVE A BOOKLET THAT TELLS YOU HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR BAG. IF I CAN BE OF MORE HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW. PS IT ALSO HAS THE ORIGINAL BOX IT CAME IN
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]Respond to this question[/FONT]
s.gif
s.gif
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Responses in My Messages will not include your email address.[/FONT]

Then I wrote back and this is the second message from her once I questioned the authenticity:

Message2: [FONT=Arial, Verdana]todayspast( 49
iconYellowStar_25x25.gif
)
[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Positive feedback:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]100%[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Member since:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]Sep-21-02[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Location:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]NC, United States[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Registered on:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]www.ebay.com[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Item: NEW WITH TAGS PINK HERMES BIRKIN TOGO LEATHER (300003250265)[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Verdana]This message was sent while the listing was active.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]todayspast is the seller.[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]I WILL TAKE ANOTHER PIC SOON AS I CAN MY BROTHER'S CAMERA, RIGHT NOW I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF ANOTHER CRISIS. AS YOU MAY HAVE READ I HAVE LOST 2 CHILDEREN AND ONE IS NOW ON THE WAY TO THE ER WITH HEMMORAGING AND SHE IS SEVERLY ANEMIC ANYWAY. I WILL TEND TO THIS SOON AS I SEE THAT SHE OUT OF DANGER.
[/FONT]

nathansgirl1908 said:
I decided to contact her to see what she would say. Here is her response...

Message 1: [FONT=Arial, Verdana]Item: NEW WITH TAGS PINK HERMES BIRKIN TOGO LEATHER (300003250265)[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Verdana]This message was sent while the listing was active.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]todayspast is the seller.[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]NO THE COLOR IS NOT TRUE AS MOST OF THE PINKS AND REDS ARE NOT PICKED UP BY MY CAMERA. I USUALLY STATE THAT. IT IS PINK AND IT HAS A TAG ON IT THAT HAS THE WORD AUTHENTIC IS ON THE HAND TAG. IT IS GUARANTEED AND MAYBE I LEFT THAT OUT. IT DOES HAVE A BOOKLET THAT TELLS YOU HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR BAG. IF I CAN BE OF MORE HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW. PS IT ALSO HAS THE ORIGINAL BOX IT CAME IN
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]Respond to this question[/FONT]
s.gif
s.gif
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Responses in My Messages will not include your email address.[/FONT]

Wow ... the seller is really full of it.:Push:

Then she wrote me a third time to say this:

Message 3: Response from todayspast
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]todayspast( 49
iconYellowStar_25x25.gif
)
[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Positive feedback:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]100%[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Member since:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]Sep-21-02[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Location:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]NC, United States[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Registered on:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]www.ebay.com[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Item: NEW WITH TAGS PINK HERMES BIRKIN TOGO LEATHER (300003250265)[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Verdana]This message was sent while the listing was active.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]todayspast is the seller.[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]I WOULD NOT GUARANTEE IT IF IT WAS'NT. WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR EXPERTIZE FROM? I'M JUST CURIOUS. AS YOU HAVE 2 SITES ONE SINCE MAY WITH NO SELLING OR BUYING ACTIVITY. AND I SEE YOU TO ARE FROM NC. DO YOU KNOW ME?
[/FONT]

nathansgirl1908 said:
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]I WOULD NOT GUARANTEE IT IF IT WAS'NT. WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR EXPERTIZE FROM? I'M JUST CURIOUS. AS YOU HAVE 2 SITES ONE SINCE MAY WITH NO SELLING OR BUYING ACTIVITY. AND I SEE YOU TO ARE FROM NC. DO YOU KNOW ME?
[/FONT]

:wtf: :wtf: :blink:
I don't know what to say! We should have a thread just on responses and excuses given by sellers of fakes.

katyc said:
My Store Mgr just told me Hermes has got a new pink !!

I have not seen it yet so I can't comment.

I love pinks !!! Really look forward to seein it :heart: :heart: :heart:

A new pink??? Please let us know what it's called and what it looks like as soon as you find out!!! This is exciting, I love pink too!!!:yahoo: :party: