NM Repair Ruined my HG!

I'm sorry but this is b*ll****!

They need their a$$ kicked!

Open up a can of whoop-ass on them!!!!

Maybe we should all write in letters

There would be hundreds of letters lol

Keep going, be persistent DO NOT BACK DOWN
Think of the next person, too.... they will keep doing it

you totally deserve what's fair again don't back down... if you keep on with them, they may eventually give you what's fair.
You can always take them to court too over the bag, to be fairly compensated.
Maybe you need $ for emotional damage too? :smile:

Please dont accept any amount lower than the one on the slip which is 2100. I believe what she will do is she will return it to Chanel as DEFECTIVE and Chanel will compensate NM for it in full price while you get an amount short. This is why she wants the card and the paraphernalia that came with the bag so it would be treated like a legitimate RETURN. Just my 2 cents...

I am so sorry this happened to you. I understand how upsetting this can be especially on a bag that was limited and you loved so much.

Before you send back anything (does this mean they are keeping the bag too?) I would call NM headquarters/corporate and speak to someone very high up. You shouldn't have to hand over a bag they destroyed to not even get full prices. Not to mention it is probably worth more than the original retail you paid.

By the way, there's a discrepancy between the value she's stating and the amount she wrote on the slip for " insurance purposes.". Point out to her either the bag is exactly the amount noted on the slip OR that by overstating the value for insurance purposes is a little thing called "INSURANCE FRAUD.". This is really quite concerning since if all items they send for repair are " over valued" for insurance purposes...that's a lot of money. Hmmm... Tell her to stop messing around bc everyone knows your bag is worth more, it's not your job to do her job, and that you will be writing your concerns to corporate, especially this distressing, misleading, and potentially fraudulent activity of either defrauding customers or the insurance company.

Thanks so much for pointing that out! I never thought I could say something like that...the manager seriously has everything thought out to screw me over!!! Today, I plan on calling NM Palo Alto to speak to the GM. I don't want to deal with the current manager anymore!

I am so sorry this happened to you. I understand how upsetting this can be especially on a bag that was limited and you loved so much.

Before you send back anything (does this mean they are keeping the bag too?) I would call NM headquarters/corporate and speak to someone very high up. You shouldn't have to hand over a bag they destroyed to not even get full prices. Not to mention it is probably worth more than the original retail you paid.

Thank you for your advice. I'm starting to think its smarter not to turn anything into them. I found the booklet, box and the authenticity card...I'm worried once I give those things to the manager, they will deny me the full retail price refund. She lied once..I believe she can lie again.

Please dont accept any amount lower than the one on the slip which is 2100. I believe what she will do is she will return it to Chanel as DEFECTIVE and Chanel will compensate NM for it in full price while you get an amount short. This is why she wants the card and the paraphernalia that came with the bag so it would be treated like a legitimate RETURN. Just my 2 cents...

Poshgal - That sounds about right...you know, back in the day, I bought a defective bag from NM Palo Alto (i didnt know it was defective and so after finding out I returned it) and a week later they sold it again because I found the same bag on Ebay!

I'm sorry but this is b*ll****!

They need their a$$ kicked!

Open up a can of whoop-ass on them!!!!

Maybe we should all write in letters

There would be hundreds of letters lol

Keep going, be persistent DO NOT BACK DOWN
Think of the next person, too.... they will keep doing it

you totally deserve what's fair again don't back down... if you keep on with them, they may eventually give you what's fair.
You can always take them to court too over the bag, to be fairly compensated.
Maybe you need $ for emotional damage too? :smile:

Thank you so much for your support!

i'm sorry to hear the outcome... that's really terrible. i can't believe a "manager" can be doing something like that... definitely write to corporate to complain about it. maybe she's making it really difficult for you so you will end up quitting. they not only ruined your bag but aren't even willing to be responsible for it. and if it's only worth $1750... why would they even put $2100 on the repair receipt? i thought "insurance" means you will get the stated amount reimbursed to you if some accidents happened to the bag. And they don't consider this an "accident"? sooo ridiculous. another reason not to shop at NM besides their no visa/master policy.

yeah..whats the point in stating $2100 then ? grrr! and it was an accident on their part! originally my plan was to hopefully hear that she would want me to exchange it for a different bag (i wanted the beige clair flap with gold hardware) but NOPE! she didnt offer that. anyway. thank you for your advice and support!

This is ridiculous, they are making you jump through hoops. They are trying to stall you, and have you get tired of this and get disgusted and go away. Don't let them fool you. This is what they do, it's corporate that will tell them to give you a low ball offer to make you go away (offering you the $1750 instead of the full price), they really hope you will take that price. DON'T.

I have had NM send me a bag (caviar flap) that had no auth card in it at all (I refused it), so they do not need that card back if you have lost or misplaced it. Don't allow them to put this kind of pressure on you.

If I were you, I would stop contact with this manager, and call the higher up in that store, or in that company, if that is the General Manager or whatever their title is. You are dealing with low level people (the manager).....you need to get higher on the corporate chain. I would not make another drive to that store again.

You need to speak with the GM (or higher) and demand (politely, but firmly) your refund. They have been running you in circles long enough! You know, they really do this to try and overwhelm you (saying you have to find the cards and box), and making you drive so many times, then lying to you and the manager refusing to speak to you on the phone or a manager refusing to come out to the counter to speak with you.....they are trying to wear you down, please know this is all done on purpose.

Stop the madness and go over their heads, get your refund check sent to you in the mail. I wish I could pick up the phone and make this call for you....I hate when companies do this to their customers/consumers. I have worked for a huge corporation who used to do the same thing, and I see exactly what they are trying to do to you Christie, and it's not right.

You have to try and not take their actions personally, you are getting upset.....this means they are getting to you. Be tough and be strong, you are fighting their stupid corporate policy, and you WILL win. Because you are int he right, you have done nothing wrong. It's such a shame that companies do this to people, but they do.

Christie, call that store and get the GM or whoever you need to speak with....you no longer need to go back there, it can all be done by phone at this point. If you get no satisfaction from that exact store, call their main headquarters.

Here's a link to their website of corporate:
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=118113&p=irol-faq#8730

Here's the number to call, it's at their headquarters in Dallas Texas:

What is the address of the corporate office?
Correspondence for the corporate office may be sent via US Mail to The Neiman Marcus Group, Inc., One Marcus Square, 1618 Main Street, Dallas, TX 75201. The main phone number is (214) 743-7600.

Call that number...start from there. This is what I would do. Please inform us of what happens, whatever you decide to do. You may need to provide them with the managers name and so fourth, have all info ready.

UPDATE:

Okay. I just called someone from the NM Group that deals with Customer Service. I tried to give him a brief message but its really hard to explain the situation. I just hope to hear from him soon.

yesssss.

THats right DONT let them fool you.
They are hoping you will back down, and go away. And be intimidated.
DO NOT.

btw no need to be intimidated. Its just a store.
And, they succeeded because they have offered people things and given good service. So let them give that to you too.

Go as high up as you need. The higher the person, the nicer they are, and the easier to deal with! Seriously!
you dont need to be nasty or fight, you just need to get what you need. :smile:

Remember, the lady you are dealing with wants you to back down. Forget her, go higher up. NM is a very large store/ corporation, they can handle it, they can certainly compensate you. Remember- when you are dealing with them, when you feel intimidated, remember: this is their job. They are there to make you happy, They have made you very unhappy! You have done nothing wrong. It is justice for them to fix what they have done wrong. You play by their rules. Now they can play by the same rules.
They ruined your purse. You are asking, and have been nicely so far! for what is rightfully yours!!!!!!

BTW they have wasted a lot of your time and energy so far!!!!! At this point, to just get the 2100 or whatever that is, is not asking very much IMO!!!!!!!!!!!