NM box delivered but missing

gymangel812

<3OOO~~~
O.G.
Apr 14, 2006
i ordered something from neiman marcus, it was supposedly delivered friday (may 30). there was another box (that i got) that was delivered at the exact same time. i cannot find the other box. i've looked everywhere. i've checked opened shipping boxes and none were from that city. i get a a good bit of packages from fedex so they are probably familiar with my address. i've never had a package go missing before (and i get a lot from ups/usps/fedex). any suggestions on what to do? so sad, i really wanted the bag and won't be able to find another.

i ordered something from neiman marcus, it was supposedly delivered friday (may 30). there was another box (that i got) that was delivered at the exact same time. i cannot find the other box. i've looked everywhere. i've checked opened shipping boxes and none were from that city. i get a a good bit of packages from fedex so they are probably familiar with my address. i've never had a package go missing before (and i get a lot from ups/usps/fedex). any suggestions on what to do? so sad, i really wanted the bag and won't be able to find another.

I don't get why so many places are not getting signature required on packages. I had a package go missing with both Gilt and Bluefly in the past because they didn't bother to add signature confirmation on an over $1000 package (my neighborhood seems to be getting worse about things turning up "missing" but as I'm near a college campus the cops don't seem especially concerned). Contact Neiman Marcus, they should try to find another bag for you but if they can't they should at least reimburse you.

Can you get the tracking # from NM? If so, then contact Fedex & perhaps
it was just scheduled to be delivered & didn't get to you..

Fedex should be able to track the box.. was a signature required?

I don't get why so many places are not getting signature required on packages. I had a package go missing with both Gilt and Bluefly in the past because they didn't bother to add signature confirmation on an over $1000 package (my neighborhood seems to be getting worse about things turning up "missing" but as I'm near a college campus the cops don't seem especially concerned). Contact Neiman Marcus, they should try to find another bag for you but if they can't they should at least reimburse you.
i did contact the SA, he said they had to open up a claim and it's a long process. the bag was $850 and on sale. i don't think they will be able to find another but he didn't say anything about getting a replacement.

Can you get the tracking # from NM? If so, then contact Fedex & perhaps
it was just scheduled to be delivered & didn't get to you..

Fedex should be able to track the box.. was a signature required?
yes i have the tracking number, no signature was not required. will try calling fedex.

i just don't get why i have one (maybe 2) boxes that were delivered at the same time, yet this one is missing. if it was taken, then why not take them all? i live at a house, not an apartment. the front door is slightly hidden behind a wall so you can't see the packages very well.

i did contact the SA, he said they had to open up a claim and it's a long process. the bag was $850 and on sale. i don't think they will be able to find another but he didn't say anything about getting a replacement.

yes i have the tracking number, no signature was not required. will try calling fedex.

i just don't get why i have one (maybe 2) boxes that were delivered at the same time, yet this one is missing. if it was taken, then why not take them all? i live at a house, not an apartment. the front door is slightly hidden behind a wall so you can't see the packages very well.

However long the process might be, would ask your SA to get things
going for you after you speak to Fedex.

Could someone have taken the package? Could it have been delivered
to your neighbor by error?

Are you sure that it was delivered??

It may not have been stolen but it's probably lost in a package bin somewhere.

It shouldn't matter if the claims process takes a while, the claim is for THEM not you. It's been enough days that if it hasn't shown up I doubt that it will (at least not any time soon, sometimes packages miraculously show up months later, though I've never experienced that personally). However NM should have required a signature and its on them for not requiring it on a high value item, but businesses will draw it out as long as they can. You'll probably have to bug them so they don't forget about you.

However long the process might be, would ask your SA to get things
going for you after you speak to Fedex.

Could someone have taken the package? Could it have been delivered
to your neighbor by error?

Are you sure that it was delivered??
the tracking does say it was delivered. i highly doubt someone took it because i don't know why they wouldn't take all the boxes (not just the one). i might try asking all the surrounding neighbors tomorrow.

It may not have been stolen but it's probably lost in a package bin somewhere.

It shouldn't matter if the claims process takes a while, the claim is for THEM not you. It's been enough days that if it hasn't shown up I doubt that it will (at least not any time soon, sometimes packages miraculously show up months later, though I've never experienced that personally). However NM should have required a signature and its on them for not requiring it on a high value item, but businesses will draw it out as long as they can. You'll probably have to bug them so they don't forget about you.

i called fedex myself and they are putting a trace on the package and contacting the driver. the only problem with this is they might remember delivering a package to me that day, but i had multiple packages delivered. the SA seems responsive at least now and is contacting their shipping dept to open up a claim.

Make sure that they not only delivered it but delivered to the correct address. This happened to us last month, it was the same # but wrong street. It showed as delivered.
will check that, thanks!

update: the driver came to my house, told me that 3 package were delivered that day. i found all 3 shipping boxes and none were that package. told the driver. he didn't really have much to say on what they are going to do to find it. i suggested he check with the addresses he delivered to before and after that day. i'm thinking it's gone... and i can't get another.

edit: just got off the phone with the local fedex... the tracking number the SA gave me was for 2 pairs of shoes from bergdorf. i guess i should have double checked that but i didn't really think of it since it was NM not BG and a different SA.

Last edited:
will check that, thanks!

update: the driver came to my house, told me that 3 package were delivered that day. i found all 3 shipping boxes and none were that package. told the driver. he didn't really have much to say on what they are going to do to find it. i suggested he check with the addresses he delivered to before and after that day. i'm thinking it's gone... and i can't get another.

edit: just got off the phone with the local fedex... the tracking number the SA gave me was for 2 pairs of shoes from bergdorf. i guess i should have double checked that but i didn't really think of it since it was NM not BG and a different SA.

So the bag hasn't arrived yet? It was mix up?