NM and Prada Dustbags

Lexie2000

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
I just ordered and received the Vitello Daino Pocket Tote from NM. Since I found it on ebay for 800 I will be returning it BUT I found it odd that the bag came obviously new and unused and on the bottom of the box was a wadded up generic paper/meshy type dustbag. No real Prada Dustbag anywhere. Is this the norm for some Prada bags? The stiff paper like dustbags?

Hmmm...that's really weird. The ones I've had shipped from NM came in a nice box (not like the Prada boutique store boxes, but still a Prada box) and a Prada dustbag. Glad you found a better deal!

I have bought bags from the store where they no longer had a regular dustbag (usually towards the end of the season when they are down to the last bag in a style) and NM has had to give me a Neiman Marcus dustbag which isn't as bad as you are describing, but imo they aren't great.

Did you order it online or from a store? In either case I bet that the regular dustbag disappeared (or someone made a return without the dustbag) and they had to give you a generic dustbag.

I've received a "paper-like" dustbag before...like a potato sack almost. Bag was real and from NM but I think it's their low inventory of dust bags at times. I bought a sale bag and it came with one of those bags and the SA switchd it out for the softer kind.

I ordered it from NM online. I guess that must be the case. They ran out. No nice box but it was wrapped well. Found it weird the "paper" dustbag was just crumpled underneath the bag. If I was keeping it I would have called them and asked for a good one. I am not into dustbags at all and never use them but I figure a bag that cost 1550 should have one.

I would expect that from them on sales items, but you got yours full price. I definitely wouldn't settle for less than a Prada dustbag, even at $800. It's part of the package, hence, part of the price tag. Considering I see people selling JUST Prada (and other designers) dustbags on eBay, I can pretty much figure out why the bags go missing, esp. catalog/online orders.

I haven't experienced that myself, but I know from other bags I've purchased from other places that there a LOT of *****ES that order bags, carry them and return them at the last possible second for a refund. I got a bag once that had pen marks, lipstick smears, CRACKER CRUMBS, you name it. It obviously spent a lot of time on the road before the HO returned it.

I'd never dream of doing that!! The most I'll do is put my things into a bag to see how my stuff fits and how the bag hangs when it's full. Beyond that, anything is tacky and gross.

But I digress....

Prada Psycho you are a mess! :roflmfao:

I've purchased two Prada's from Neimans both on sale. One came with the dustbag and the other came with a generic dustbag. I didn't notice it until about a month later so I didn't make a fuss about it. :rtr: In fact, Neimans gave me two generic dustbags with my last purchase. One to stuff the bag with and one to cover the bag.

I've ordered online sale and unsale and have always received a PRADA dustbag. This is the first I've read of this. Could you have gone by your local NM and shown them the dustbag you received and ask for a PRADA one. Maybe the SA's have seen this before.

I'd never dream of doing that!! The most I'll do is put my things into a bag to see how my stuff fits and how the bag hangs when it's full. Beyond that, anything is tacky and gross.

I have a somewhat funny story about this. When trying to decide whether I was going to buy that BV alhambra bag in July (wow--it was only about 6 weeks ago and it seems like 6 months) I was trying it on with my things in it. I've only recently started doing this when I am actually in the store. I figured it made sense to do especially on certain bags so you can see how they drape.

Well I know you know what happened. I put my things back in my bag and decided I wanted to think about the alhambra. The SA said she'd hold it for me while my sister and I went to a different store. While there I go to pay for something and I discover that I have no wallet. It took me a couple of minutes to remember --the alhambra!! I rushed back to NM and of course my wallet was in the bag!

The sales woman then proceeded to tell me how many things they actually find in bags. She said they have found credit cards, phones, drivers licenses, wallets, etc.

I have a somewhat funny story about this. When trying to decide whether I was going to buy that BV alhambra bag in July (wow--it was only about 6 weeks ago and it seems like 6 months) I was trying it on with my things in it. I've only recently started doing this when I am actually in the store. I figured it made sense to do especially on certain bags so you can see how they drape.

Well I know you know what happened. I put my things back in my bag and decided I wanted to think about the alhambra. The SA said she'd hold it for me while my sister and I went to a different store. While there I go to pay for something and I discover that I have no wallet. It took me a couple of minutes to remember --the alhambra!! I rushed back to NM and of course my wallet was in the bag!

The sales woman then proceeded to tell me how many things they actually find in bags. She said they have found credit cards, phones, drivers licenses, wallets, etc.

:faint:

I normally won't do that in the stores proper. Don't know why. I guess I can eyeball Prada and know if it will work for me.

Funny thing, the last place most of us would dare to ask for that favor would be in Hermes, but that's the one store I DO put my things in the bag. Honeychile, for those prices, you'd better believe I want to know it's the right size! Needless to say the SA is going to be sure I get all my stuff out of it. ;)

I've had several SAs tell me that they don't get as many dust bags as they used to get. Apparently, they used to get extra dust bags from the manufacturers. Now, they tend to only get one dustbag per purse. As far as NM online, sometimes I get the right dustbag and sometimes I get the generic dustbag. One time they put the purse in a generic dustbag, even though the real dustbag was inside the purse. Another time, they threw the purse in the box, not in the dustbag or even wrapped in paper, even though the dustbag was inside the purse. I guess it all depends on who's wrapping your order that day (the mood they're in). I do agree with Prada_Psycho, there are those who return the bag, but keep the dustbag and even the cards.

I noticed that in my NM (Tysons), the dust bags seem to be kept separate from the bags. When you buy a bag, they just go in the little closet and grab a dust bag. My Pradas have dustbags, but one BARELY fits around the bag, so I know it wasn't ever paired with the purse.