NM 14 day return policy

My chanel NM SA is telling me tat the return policy is only 14 days. Is that true?

I am not certain... Saks leased chanel boutiques allow 30 days for return. I have heard someone else mention it may be only two weeks at NM?? If true, that would really be a shame to have such a brief window. Department store shoppers have had to give up all of the "perks" of shopping Chanel at a NM or Saks. For me, it would be extremely difficult to get back to a store within two weeks for a variety of reasons. I will see if I can find any receipts and report back.

My chanel NM SA is telling me tat the return policy is only 14 days. Is that true?

I think there is going to be a lot of confusion about return policies for Chanel at the stand alone boutiques within Saks, NM, etc. Chanel is planning on owning all of these boutiques rather than the stores purchasing the inventory outright. Some stores may be a “hybrid” ownership. I would tread lightly. I think the generous return policies of the past are over and done!

Reactions: lovechanelgirl28
This is what I was told at NM as well, although my boutique has not yet transitioned to leased. But my SA told me that all the leased Chanel boutiques inside NM will have the same 14-day return policy as the freestanding Chanel boutiques. Definitely not cool and also very confusing from a customer perspective, but I guess it makes sense from Chanel's perspective that all of the stores they own would have the exact same return policy, regardless of location.

This is what I was told at NM as well, although my boutique has not yet transitioned to leased. But my SA told me that all the leased Chanel boutiques inside NM will have the same 14-day return policy as the freestanding Chanel boutiques. Definitely not cool and also very confusing from a customer perspective, but I guess it makes sense from Chanel's perspective that all of the stores they own would have the exact same return policy, regardless of location.

thankfully they said the 14 days starts once the item has been shipped so they are going to charge me now but not ship it until Dec 1st as I am out of town until the 5th and I wanted to ensure I would receive the bag while I am still in the 14 day window. The SA also confirmed that the refund goes back to your CC and not a Chanel GC which is good since that is my hesitation with buying directly from the boutique

Does Saks leased boutique has 30 days return policy and not 14 days? I hope so! If so, it would save my day as I was thinking of returning new purchase ( wallet ) for a gift but I just noticed its passed 16 days now.. I sort of didn't want to ask the store as I am embarrassed if they judge me for such a small purchase. I appreciate for your help!

Hi! If you have the receipt from Saks and the purchase is in new, unused condition, it should be fine. The department store leased boutiques do not accept returns if you bought it from a different department store chain. Additionally, the leased stores can not take back merchandise from the free standing stores.. Good luck with your decision!

Thank you!!! Again, this Saks is leased by Chanel now but is it ok 30 days as before? that helps me and I'm relieved since I changed my mind that I wanted to buy other gift instead of Chanel wallet that cost $1k and I could buy actual small purse for the cost from some other brand. Yes this was purchased for a holiday gift so just kept in the box as it is.
Your receipt should give return policy. I bought from Saks leased location November, 2018, and it was 30 days. Most states (if not all) require return policy to be stated in full on receipt. CT law requires return policy be posted near the cash out area, but I doubt it is regularly enforced.

Me too I don't like to receive store credit either and that's why i avoided to purchase from stand alone boutique until now while exact same items can be purchased from retail stores, and also retail store has good points cards. But I know most of Chanel in NM is same as stand alone boutique now, so I won't buy from them anymore unless 200 % sure of the purchase and item without quality issue.
Me too I don't like to receive store credit either and that's why i avoided to purchase from stand alone boutique until now while exact same items can be purchased from retail stores, and also retail store has good points cards. But I know most of Chanel in NM is same as stand alone boutique now, so I won't buy from them anymore unless 200 % sure of the purchase and item without quality issue.

NM did confirm that the return goes back to your Credit card so that is also one benefit. My SA also said it is 14 days from when they ship it VS charge you so I asked them to delay shipping it to me so that I will be home and be able to see it in person within the return window

NM did confirm that the return goes back to your Credit card so that is also one benefit. My SA also said it is 14 days from when they ship it VS charge you so I asked them to delay shipping it to me so that I will be home and be able to see it in person within the return window

In the US chanel boutiques do refund the money back on to the credit card I believe.