Nissan Versa

dbtbandit67

Gemini Sith
Oct 29, 2008
At $10,990, it is the cheapest car in America. I rented one on the 23rd for a day and was wondering if anyone here bought one yet? Or maybe you know someone that did? Care to share your experience?

It was such a sweet ride, I think I'm gonna get one for the New Year

Is it a new model in the first year of production? If so, how do you know if it will hold value?

New cars are almost always a bad investment unless you plan on keeping it for at least 5 years and know it will hold up that long.

My sister in law has one; I could not hate it more. It's small which for me personally is a no go; I always feel "safer" in bigger cars. Hers has begun to sound very....... "rattley" over time, if that makes sense. It just feels kind of cheap to me and I think there are better options out there for a little more money. It just doesn't seem like it is going to have a lot of longevity, which isn't typical for Nissan so I am surprised.

Anyhow, this is just my humble opinion. Always buy what you love and what makes you happy, but big kudos to you for researching and doing your homework first. Test drive lots and lots before purchasing. Good luck with whatever you decide. :tup:

It's not going to be an investment at all, I want a new car lol

There are very few cars that are investments.

My point was that there's a reason it's the cheapest car in America. If you're willing to sacrifice basic comforts for $30-40 less of a car payment a month, that's up to you.

Also, unless you plan on keeping it for 5+ years, I'd buy used.

Gonna head over to Nissan here in Figueroa when I come back from NYC, see what I can conjur up with

Might go with a lease instead. Dunno. Depends on what the monthly payments are gonna look like

Heads up, usually when you lease, the ins is more expensive, so it almost balances out. Make sure you check with your ins co before hand. Also, a lease isn't recommended unless it's for business.