Tech Nintendo DS for adults? Good games?

mws

Aug 23, 2006
I got a nintendo DS for mother's day. Strange gift, I know, but I had been complaining that since I stopped working, I felt my memory was getting worse (less exercise and all that stuff).

So my 'boys' got me a DS with Brian age and left and right brian. I am ready for some new games!

Any reccommendations?

I LOVE Brain Age!

Im a huge kid at heart, so I love anything Mario Bros. I also love Sonic lol. I cant really suggest an adult game, but those would be my top two recommendations!

tPF is full of DS addicts, so Im sure there will be plenty of better suggestions!

Um I'd try the Phoenix Wright series, its all just about solving cases as the attorney its really addicting :tup:

the games that I own are...

Legend of Zelda-The Phantom Hourglass
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Yoshi Island DS
Brain Age 2
Strawberry Shortcake
Pokemon Pearl
Super Mario Brothers
Mario Party DS

I cant believe I forgot my favorite game :shame: Super Mario 64 DS :yahoo:

Last edited:
DH got me a pink one for xmas and the blue brain age game. I am soo bored of it and want a new game too but they all seem to be geared for kids. I would like to know of any adult games too. Although I do have to say that we have lego star wars on 360 and mario kart on wii and both are the funnest game ever!!

I love Nintendo games! I also have a DS. My favorite game by far is Super Mario Bros. It probably wont help with memory, but it is SO cute! They also have a secong brain age. Have you tried any gameboy advanced games, you can also play them on your DS. I have a few, but nothing that could help with memory... so I think anyway. Mario is always fun... do you do the sudukos (sp?) on the brain age... they are entertaining.

I am a slave to Cake Mania! And apparently Cake Mania 2 is coming out this summer, I can't waiy!

Big Brain Academy is another good one. I just got Tetris and CSI (yes, the TV show) but I haven't had a chance to play them yet.

Tetris, Mario Kart and Mario Party.
WarioWare touched is hands down my favorite game on DS!!
and Guitar Hero for DS is coming out in June! I can't wait.

I love my DS I take it with me everywhere.

I just finished Professor Layton and the Curious Village. Great game!

You solve brain teasers (ranges from very easy to difficult, plus it has a hint system if you get stuck) while unraveling the village's secrets. Pretty interesting story, and good exercise for your brain!!

I agree with the previous recommendation of the Phoenix Wright series of games there are 3 of them and a 4th called Apollo Justice (same type of game, but phoenix is no longer the main character). Great fun, dramatic court battles, and hilarious at times!!

I love my DS. I'm charging mine at the moment for my plane trip on Saturday. I like:

Brain Age 1 & 2
Pogo Island
Mario Kart DS
Trace Memory (I don't know if you can still buy this one in stores, but it's a great mystery game)
Princess Peach is a really fun game too.

Professor Layton is suppose to be excellent (I think I'm going to buy this one like tomorrow) & so is Touchmaster.

There's already a DS thread...

...but I have many, many games for the DS. Maybe sixty or seventy in all. I haven't played all of them, but I do have my favorites: Mario Kart DS, Mario Party DS, Tetris DS, Super Princess Peach, and the Lego Star Wars complete saga. Cooking Mama is fun, and I really like Cake Mania, too. Oh, and you can't forget the New Super Mario Bros. game...that one is a winner.

Thanks for all the recommendations, keep them coming please!

There's already a DS thread...

...but I have many, many games for the DS. Maybe sixty or seventy in all. I haven't played all of them, but I do have my favorites: Mario Kart DS, Mario Party DS, Tetris DS, Super Princess Peach, and the Lego Star Wars complete saga. Cooking Mama is fun, and I really like Cake Mania, too. Oh, and you can't forget the New Super Mario Bros. game...that one is a winner.

I am sure there is, but the search is down :sad:

i have a ds......

i play brain age, brain academy, super mario world, the new super mario brothers, yoshis island, cooking mama, my word coach, crosswords, mario 64, cake mania is addicting :P

trying to think of what else we have :P