Nile bag a Trend? Or get Chanel/YSL instead

Jul 25, 2014
I was looking at the small Nile bracelet bag in 'biscotti' and fell in love with the design of the bag. I have never been one to like Chloe bags but something about this style just drew me to it! It's a very unique bag for sure.

However, I was wondering if you guys think this bag is just a trend and won't last very long as I was originally planning on purchasing either a Chanel mini or woc (already have the 2.55 flap) or YSL sac de jour.

i need help deciding!

I was in the same boat as you. I actually pre-ordered the minaudiere but cancelled it in order to buy a Chanel woc. While that woc didn't work out I'm on the hunt for another one. I love the look of the minaudiere but I had to think about whether or not I would want the bag in 5 years. With the woc or the mini (which I would also like) both are classic bags that can stay in your collection for a long time. Should you decide that you no longer want them, you can sell them at a great value. If you really love the Nile and know that you will use it then I would buy it because buying what you truly love is the most important thing.

Yeah you're right!
I thought long and hard about it and I realized that I dont love the Nile as much as I would love another Chanel. I've been lusting after another Chanel piece for a while now that it doesn't make sense to make an impulse purchase on the Nile. :smile::P:heart:

I was in the same boat as you. I actually pre-ordered the minaudiere but cancelled it in order to buy a Chanel woc. While that woc didn't work out I'm on the hunt for another one. I love the look of the minaudiere but I had to think about whether or not I would want the bag in 5 years. With the woc or the mini (which I would also like) both are classic bags that can stay in your collection for a long time. Should you decide that you no longer want them, you can sell them at a great value. If you really love the Nile and know that you will use it then I would buy it because buying what you truly love is the most important thing.
Yeah you're right!
I thought long and hard about it and I realized that I dont love the Nile as much as I would love another Chanel. I've been lusting after another Chanel piece for a while now that it doesn't make sense to make an impulse purchase on the Nile. :smile::P:heart:

Think the Nile is supposed to be an update on the Bracelet Bags of the '00s.

Personally, although I really like the shape of the Nile and I also liked the Bracelet Bags, on others, I am not totally convinced about the placement of the ring, on the Nile.

I think the Bracelets both were and were not a trend, depending on your point of view.

Some people viewed them that way, certainly; but, people who really liked them viewed them as more than that.

They kind of slipped out of production (and presumably, use), eventually, but not in a rapid, fall from a great height, kind of way.

You could probably wander around with one, again, now and most people would just think "What a pretty and unusual bag.".

Most probably wouldn't even recognise it, anymore.

Nile may be the same - for those who really like it, they will probably like it for a while, then it will gradually phase out, to then resurface (as vintage and/or maybe in a new reincarnation?) a few years later.

Chanel may be a safer choice, but too much safety can be boring.

Reactions: vanilla_addict
Hello! I joined Purseforum a while ago but am just now venturing into the chats.

My decision to purchase a particular bag is based off : had it caught my eye right from the start. I typically do not need to think over if I would like it enough or not. I suppose this is due to I focus on very specific colors, sizes and purposes for bags I am looking for to begin with to fill out my current wardrobe. For example, I have watched videos where people talk about all the things they dislike about their new bag. Makes me wonder why they ever bought it in the first place.

I have to admit it was love at first "web " sighting for me regarding the Chloe Nile Bracelet bag. After a search, I found it listed on Nordstrom.com and immediately placed a pre-order . I was happy to wait, knowing it would eventually be on its way... even if it took a month or two.
Weeks later, to my ( and apparently many others dismay ), Chloe Nile bracelet bag orders had all been cancelled! ( curses! ) due to lack of Nordstroms being able to fulfill any these bag orders in the foreseeable future.
Of course, there are other avenues and I then placed another pre-order through a different department store.

About a week ago, I was looking on Nordstroms.com again for something else and lo and behold there was the Chloe Nile mini bracelet bag in my color choice; "biscotti". It popped up in my "previously viewed" bar on the webpage. I couldnt believe Nordstrom had cancelled those orders then they must have had a shipment show up. Anyway, of course I hopped on it and held my breath and woo-hoo, my beautiful ( and first ever Chloe ) bag just arrived this afternoon. It is gorgeous! The color is really versatile and one that fills a need in my wardrobe. So pleased with it and the overall quality ( though its overall presentation isn't along the lines of like Chanel or Hermes ). Perhaps thats because it was purchased through Nordstroms as it arrived in its Chloe dust bag with authentications, but in a plain box. Regardless, I am very happy with my purchase and love everything about this bag.

Hi girls I found a medium Chloe Nile in teal (or silver blue as the brand calls it) 20% off on Reebonz. It's a totally reliable online website. Brand new answer they have layby (aka layaway). I feel like I got very lucky at 1am this morning when I couldn't sleep and decided to hop on to reebonz. There isn't any more Niles on there now, but I'm sure they'll restock soon.

oh my if that's the questions Chloe or Chanel without considering the financial aspect definitely Chanel...nothing against the Nile, I own it myself and love it, but as with all Chloe bags I always see them more as a longer lasting trend but not keepsakes that hold or will increase their value, see the Paddington...with the Chanel prices going up all the time I think one should really consider it a investment then