Nikki Strap - repair question

gab

Jun 10, 2008
Does anyone have problems with the Nikki bag side strap stretching or ripping at the seam? It's so thin...I wish it was a few millimeters wider. Its amazing how heavy the bag can get with only a few things in it. Anyone had one repaired? Suggestions? Thanks.

littlerock

Love is Love is Love
Admin
O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
In the moment
Are you saying that you nikki strap is ripping or that you are just worried about it ripping in the future b/c it's so thin? It sounds like you are say the latter.

If that is true I think you'll be fine b/c we have yet to encounter that problem. I know what you mean though.. it's a thin strap and I wouldn't mind it a tad wider too but the strap has held up thus far.

Hope that helps!

gab

Jun 10, 2008
Thanks for the replies. The strap has definitely stretched alot and the leather close to the seam is starting to tear. The leather used on the strap is also much thinner then the rest of the leather on the bag. Just thought maybe there could be something I could do to prevent further damage. Oh well, still love the bag. I noticed that the newer bags have shorter side straps (approx 1 inch), maybe I should just get a new bag. :smile:

littlerock

Love is Love is Love
Admin
O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
In the moment
Well if that's the case do what Nolarice suggested above. Contact RM and let them know about it. Most likely they will have you send it in so they can put a new strap on it.

Out of curiosity.. what Nikki do you have? I'm trying to picture the leather in my head. Not sure what you mean by shorter strap. I know that the RM bags have had subtle changes over time but I never noticed the nikki strap.. now I want to go thru old pictures and see if I can spot a different strap!