Nikki purse length

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. hey Nikki lovers, I'm thinking of getting a cream Nikki but am worried about possible stains or markings from jeans. Has anyone experienced this?

Any help would be great!

2. The bottom of your nikki will probably graze your jeans and is likely to get a bit scuffed. I've read other people's comments that the DC was marked by jeans, I believe even after treatment. Personally I would suggest going for a different color Nikki, although I know I've been in love with the DC myself!!! Perhaps a DC mini Nikki - http://shopdressonline.com/remiminidocr.html

3. Eggshell could be a good alternate for a light colored bag.

4. I am 5'4" and the regular sized Nikki definitely hit low on my hip (and in turn would get denim transfer if it as a light bag) and I found that the Mini Nikki just fit me better.

5. The Eggshell has a slight glaze to it, so it may deter some color transfer. There is some information about cleaning your bags in the RM leather care thread. I vaguely remember some Minkettes use the Mr. Clean erasers to get off some denim transfer. Don't hold me to it!! LOL!!

6. If you don't tuck your shirt in it shouldn't rub against the top of your jeans. Mine hits just above the waist, and I'm 5'6.

7. haha, ok I just put my GE Nikki on to see where it hits me... I've got a long torso, so it hits me just above my jeans, and I'm 5'4. I guess it depends on your body proportions and height as to where Nikki vs. mini Nikki would fall for you.

8. I think for lighter coloured leather, a Mini Nikki is better. If you want a Nikki, maybe you can wear longer tops/tunics over jeans.

9. I'm 5'4", and pretty evenly proportioned... my Nikkis definitely graze the top of my jeans

I would suggest a different style if you want a light colored bag, or a darker color Nikki...
    Even my cloud grey Nikki tends to get denim transfer (although my LMB cleaner fixes it right back up!)

10. Thank you so much for your help ladies! I think your suggestions are right on, I'll get a darker nikki, and save the light colours for another lovely RM :tup: