Nikki Nichol Leather...Does anyone know...

Lexie2000

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
If this bag is prone to losing it's metallic surface? I just got this bag and I love it. It's a pretty Peachy Pinky Pearl color and the slight metallic sheen is almost mottled throughout (By design and not defect). I was wondering is anyone had this bag and if it wears well or will I get rubbed areas of non shimmer? And does anyone know when this was issued? And why was it called Nichol? Champaigne would have been a better name.

I dosed it twice with Wilsons. It's an exceptionally pretty color that is very hard to capture by camera. My Pic makes it look all silver in places and that's just lighting and flash. Thnx!

2003_0214Image0001.JPG

That color is called Nickel -- I had an MAB in that color. It's beautiful IRL! I never noticed any issues with the color and it didn't seem like the color was something that would peel off (I've heard that some of the pewter bags had that issue). It's beautiful! Congratulations!

I have a Mini Nikki in Nickel from the NY sample sale leftovers (don't think this particular bag was released outside samples) and it is in great shape. I have never even treated it and used it pretty extensively in the spring and early summer and I haven't noticed any issues at all. It's a pretty bag, I actually pulled it out again the other day to use for a while, and it still looks great.

Thanks, that's good to know. I'm always a little tentative with metallic finishes. Botkier has a Spring bag in Metallic Taupe and I have seen some on ebay with horrible wear spots.

I know what you mean, Lexie...I :heart: metallic bags but hesitate to buy them because of some bad past experiences. For future reference, I just found out that the folks at Lovin my Bags do treat metallic leathers, and the price they quoted me seemed reasonable (it was for a Hayden Harnett bag that I scuffed up pretty badly -- my fault). I was happy to learn about this because I have had a hard time finding someone who could fix metallics for me.

I used LMB to fix a coffee stained Botkier once. They did a great job and with only a 2 week turnaround. I also buy their bag care products. Sounds like this bag might wear well so that is good because LMB can be pricey for refinishing but if you love the bag, Giving Barbara shot at it is definitely worth it.