Nightmare

Purchased a bag and I am tracking it on USPS. It shows that it has entered Malaysian customs this morning. I have made purchases from US several times and all shipped via USPS. Not once had my stuff went into Malaysian customs. If I don't get the bag it is S$1100 goodbye.

If this was an Ebay purchase and it was delivered to the wrong country, you can file with Pay Pal for item not received.

Since the tracking will not show it being delivered to you (in your country), you would win the claim.

So don't panic yet - your money is not lost.

Have you contacted the seller? Perhaps she gave you the wrong tracking number and instead gave you one for an item that she sent to someone in Malaysia? Contact the seller first, then you can see if you need to file a claim after a week or so if you don't have your item.

You have 45 days within which to file with Pay Pal.

I wouldn't fret yet. USPS tracking has been wonky for a while. Domestic packages are seemingly touring to country before getting to their destinations. It wouldn't surprise me if international tracking might be doing the same thing.

I am so going to cry. Just saw the updated status. There was an attempted delivery at noon! Where on earth are they delivering it to? We weren't even the same country!

Don't file an item not received claim or freak out to much yet. Why don't you contact the seller and ask what address they shipped it to. It is possible they sent you the wrong tracking number, that USPS tracking is incorrect, or USPS made a mistake and maybe between you and the seller you can have USPS correct it. Definitely give the seller the benefit of the doubt right now and see what you can both do to make sure you get your package.

Worst case situation, the wrong address was written down and you will be protected by Paypal or if USPS delivered to the wrong country, you will still probably be covered by Paypal and the seller will be covered by USPS insurance.

Don't file an item not received claim or freak out to much yet. Why don't you contact the seller and ask what address they shipped it to. It is possible they sent you the wrong tracking number, that USPS tracking is incorrect, or USPS made a mistake and maybe between you and the seller you can have USPS correct it. Definitely give the seller the benefit of the doubt right now and see what you can both do to make sure you get your package.

Worst case situation, the wrong address was written down and you will be protected by Paypal or if USPS delivered to the wrong country, you will still probably be covered by Paypal and the seller will be covered by USPS insurance.

I'm thinking maybe the seller gave her the wrong tracking number as well, hope this can be easily resolved!

Have you contacted the seller?

Linda

I'm thinking maybe the seller gave her the wrong tracking number as well, hope this can be easily resolved!

Have you contacted the seller?

Linda

Due to the time difference, the seller may still be sleeping right now. I hope it is the wrong reference but highly unlikely. Else, my parcel should have reach me by now.

I wouldn't fret yet. USPS tracking has been wonky for a while. Domestic packages are seemingly touring to country before getting to their destinations. It wouldn't surprise me if international tracking might be doing the same thing.

I agree. A package I was waiting for totally by-passed my town and went elsewhere and was "undeliverable", of course (it was addressed perfectly). It did get to me a couple of days later.

Don't give up on your bag, it just might take a little bit longer to get to you but I do know how you are feeling.

Seller responded. Said USPS tagged the package for Malaysia and now it would take a few months for it to be sent back to seller. He said he will refund me so I am waiting for the refund. I can't believe my luck. First I didn't buy it due to its price. Then when I finally decide to buy it despite the price such thing happened.

Awww, I am so sorry to hear that USPS tagged the bag incorrectly....though I do wonder if it was a mistake on the seller's part, because I thought if USPS made the mistake, USPS would realize it in one of their many check-points and simply shift it to the right delivery path. I don't understand why it would take months for it to be sent back to the seller.

Anyway, I am glad you are getting your refund. I hate to say it, but maybe this one wasn't meant to be :sad: