Nightmare

namie

O.G.
Sep 27, 2007
Just bought a bag off eBay France from a seller with great feedback. She sent me the tracking number via eBay. I also received the tracking number from Paypal. Problem when I checked with the post office / courier, it says there is no parcel by this tracking number that is sent!

I've asked the seller if she has made a typing error. I really hope so.

Yes, premature to be freaking out. It could very well be a typo or it might not be updated into the system yet. The fact that your seller has good feedback leaves me to believe this is probably a mistake. That and the fact that your seller most likely knows that if she/ he can't provide a valid tracking number you would get your money back.

Breathe!

Just bought a bag off eBay France from a seller with great feedback. She sent me the tracking number via eBay. I also received the tracking number from Paypal. Problem when I checked with the post office / courier, it says there is no parcel by this tracking number that is sent!

Hi. Try putting your number into the search box at the bottom half of this link. It's from Chronoposte, the French Postal system and it is Chronotrace, their tracking system. This works for any of the international express items between France and other countries. http://www.chronotrace.chronopost.com:80/chronotrace/external.jsp

Hope it helps you to relax.

if by just bought you mean you did so today or even within the past 48 hours, chances are the seller printed shipping from home and the package is not in the postal system so it is not in official transit yet. there is no reason to be freaking out

Yep, don't worry just yet. When sellers print out a shipping label, it can take a few days before the carrier's information is updated and is reflected when you track online. I have actually purchased a few things online whose tracking information was never updated beyond the billing information being received, and yet they showed up on my doorstep fi as a fiddle.

The info has appeared. :biggrin:

Now my other nightmare has begun. :pout: The purchase was also made from a seller with good feedback. Item delivered was not what she advertised and she said to send it back to her for full refund. Did that and informed her. USPS showed she collected the returned item but she has been delaying my refund. Not replying my reminders as well and when she did, she said she would send the refund on a certain day. That day came and gone. No refund, no email from her.

So now I have no bag and thousand dollars poorer. Going to lodge a report to eBay.

The info has appeared. :biggrin:
:tup: nice one!

Now my other nightmare has begun. :pout: The purchase was also made from a seller with good feedback. Item delivered was not what she advertised and she said to send it back to her for full refund. Did that and informed her. USPS showed she collected the returned item but she has been delaying my refund. Not replying my reminders as well and when she did, she said she would send the refund on a certain day. That day came and gone. No refund, no email from her.

So now I have no bag and thousand dollars poorer. Going to lodge a report to eBay.
Good luck. let us know how it works out.

:tup: nice one!

Good luck. let us know how it works out.

Just opened a case with eBay. I don't want to do this to her since she seems to be having genuine problems but she is not responding to my mails. I am opened to negotiations, such as if she cannot afford to refund me, she can at least send back the bag I returned. This way, I can still sell it to a local consignment store. But nothing from her. I know she must have read my mails since she has other items that closed or are closing in these few days.

Here's something I learned the other day: I sent a buyer a refund. My unfortunate assumption was that PayPal would send her an email informing her of this. It didn't, because it pulls the funds out of my bank account first BEFORE informing her, and that takes a couple of days. Fortunately, she's a fellow TPF'er, so it was all sorted out in a very amicable exchange of emails. It's possible that the seller made the same assumption of an immediate notification to you?

Remember, it goes back on your creedit card, not into your paypal account. Log into PP and see if there is a transaction showing that.

Otherwise she might be waiting for the money to go from her bank account back into PP so she can refund you.

^^^good point. Make sure to check your PP account and your credit card before you file anything to make sure. I know that I have no rec'd some emails for refunds for online merchants that used PP in the past, and low and behold- they were refunded properly, I just never got an email. Let us know what happens.