Nightmare

swally

O.G.
Jan 27, 2014
Hi everyone. Hoping for support or ideas. I hope you are all safe and healthy.

I shipped a Chanel bag return a few days before things got out of hand with covid19. The day it was to be delivered, Chanel closed its doors. Of course this was the right call on Chanel’s part to keep their employees safe however no one was at the store to take my shipment. I was told by fedex that I need to pay (again) to have the package sent back to me. They have yet to call me to schedule that redelivery (I’ve called daily to try to get it scheduled and have been bounced around) and I have a 4K bag floating around a FedEx facility. I’ve also called Chanel- I’m paying interest fees on the bag since it wasn’t returned and I’m also worried sick I’ll never see the bag or a refund again.

I really don’t know what to do- kind of just ranting here. Has this happened to anyone else?

Reactions: Plussizegirl
Thanks everyone. I called my cc. They are holding the interest and sending me paperwork. FedEx said my package is in a covid19 bunker given the state it was being shipped to is under lockdown due to one of the highest rates of the virus . Horrifying. They said it is opened once a week and the package will be sent back next week sometime. I’m so scared to open the actual package now!

Thanks everyone. I called my cc. They are holding the interest and sending me paperwork. FedEx said my package is in a covid19 bunker given the state it was being shipped to is under lockdown due to one of the highest rates of the virus . Horrifying. They said it is opened once a week and the package will be sent back next week sometime. I’m so scared to open the actual package now!
Oh Mu gosh, can I ask where it wss? New York I'm assuming ? That's crazy. I'm glad your cc helped you!!

I sent a bag back to fashionphile before they closed and I’m having to wait for them to reopen to get my credit to my cc. I can totally relate to the package being held up.

I believe that Covid lives on boxes for 3 days, so just quarantine your packages and wash your hands well.

Reactions: MmeM124
I sent a bag back to fashionphile before they closed and I’m having to wait for them to reopen to get my credit to my cc. I can totally relate to the package being held up.

I believe that Covid lives on boxes for 3 days, so just quarantine your packages and wash your hands well.
Yes I was thinking I’d open the package with gloves on and not bring the actual box into my house- just leave outside. I’m sorry this is happening to you too.

Yes I was thinking I’d open the package with gloves on and not bring the actual box into my house- just leave outside. I’m sorry this is happening to you too.

Thank you! It’s just bad timing. If too much time passes, I might end up disputing the charge.

Good luck with yours. If it will stress you out to open it, waiting a few days helps. I quarantine all of my mail for 3-4 days before opening it.

I sent a bag to Fashionphile to sell to them. They received it the day before they closed. However I didn’t get my money. And won’t until they reopen. What I find odd though is that their website is updating daily with new merchandise. So someone is working. And someone just told me they purchased from them and they shipped their order. Why is my bag in limbo when it seems they are still working? I don’t like it just sitting somewhere for weeks and weeks without anyone checking it in. Weird.

Reactions: Cate14
I sent a bag to Fashionphile to sell to them. They received it the day before they closed. However I didn’t get my money. And won’t until they reopen. What I find odd though is that their website is updating daily with new merchandise. So someone is working. And someone just told me they purchased from them and they shipped their order. Why is my bag in limbo when it seems they are still working? I don’t like it just sitting somewhere for weeks and weeks without anyone checking it in. Weird.
Same here.. There's still someone there signing for packages. I sold two bags to them and they just got there the other day so I'll just be waiting for a while

.I'm confused because it says online shopping is still open and to expect shipping delays.. So I assume that means they're still shipping out orders? I asked to clarify and they said they won't ship until they open!!? So they are shipping out orders..? I'm lost.

I would say they have logistics staff there that are working in their warehouse, shipping out orders and receiving packages but they would not have staff that do their photography and website listings available to list your bag.

Reactions: missconvy
Same here.. There's still someone there signing for packages. I sold two bags to them and they just got there the other day so I'll just be waiting for a while

.I'm confused because it says online shopping is still open and to expect shipping delays.. So I assume that means they're still shipping out orders? I asked to clarify and they said they won't ship until they open!!? So they are shipping out orders..? I'm lost.

I had emailed them and they had told me that there is someone signing for packages as they come in. Maybe they have a limited staff and the people who examine the bags aren’t working. I’m assuming the person who sends out the bags, has a different skill set than the people inspecting them.

Reactions: missconvy
Im In a similar situation with fashionphile. I dropped some things off to sell at one of their Neiman Marcus selling studios the day before NM decided to shutdown all their stores in So Cal. Someone from fashionphile tried to go there to pick it up Sunday and bring it to Carlsbad, but they weren’t allowed into the store...so my things are chilling in NM until this is over and then still need to be be shipped . There are 1-2 other bags I want to sell, but holding off until they reopen and really hoping they extend their quote expiration dates.

I would say they have logistics staff there that are working in their warehouse, shipping out orders and receiving packages but they would not have staff that do their photography and website listings available to list your bag.

I had emailed them and they had told me that there is someone signing for packages as they come in. Maybe they have a limited staff and the people who examine the bags aren’t working. I’m assuming the person who sends out the bags, has a different skill set than the people inspecting them.

Arghhh they keep giving me two different answers. Their Facebook says they're still shipping out packages, but their Instagram says they're not. I emailed them... Let's see what they say