Nightmare Tenants!

Wow that sucks! I wouldn't want someone living in an extra bedroom. We rent some of our property out to good people but I can't imagine having a stranger living in the same space.

I have only been a landlord once and that's enough for me. I rented our place to my coworker and made the mistake of saying "utilities included". Gradually, what was supposed to be monthly income for us turned into another expense for me...I was paying for their electricity bill. :tdown: We initially agreed to her staying there for 3 years but I couldn't do it anymore. I had them leave after just one year.

When we finally got back our condo, it was semi-upside down. Little holes in the walls, furniture scratched up and she replaced some of the carpet in the hallway...in a darker shade of brown...and never did tell me about it when it initially happened! She still has one of my area rugs...but forget it...let her keep it...I've got my condo back.

It is truly a learning experience, being a landlord. At least I can say that I've grown from this experience.:okay: