Nightmare Alston!

The Alston is saved! What I thought were creases in the painted stripe were markings that I was able to remove with several water/dishsoap saturated Q-tips. The bag also regained its shape beautifully. In fact, I carried it today and could not believe how wonderful it is!

Again, I appreciate all of your help and support! Thanks so much!

PS, the seller received quite the scathing review! ;)

Saddle Al...s...t...o...n...... :drool: Beautiful bag!

Were you able to fix part of the bends in the handles? It sucks once they're bent to a certain point since it can be impossible to restore them back to their rounded shape. I'm also glad there's a happy ending to this story!

I was just looking at the photos of the interior of the bag that you posted... and noticed that the L.A.M.B. logo plate inside had some type of fancy gold trimming around it... checked all my lambie bags (I do not have an Alston, but have similar bags made in the same time frame) -- and my logo plates do not have the extra gold trim (they are straight across on all sides, crisp). Another concern I had was the screws surrounding the plate. Mine are all flat, this one has raised screws (rounded tops). Did anyone else see concern in this? I know that the new line of bags doesn't have the cute turquoise plate inside, but since all of mine are the older bags with the plates, I wanted to help out here in case someone else noticed as well. I am a bit worried here. Plus the zipper pull "L" looks a bit thinner than all of mine. Anyone else see this, or is it just me? I just didn't get a good feeling about this bag once you showed the interior shots.

Last edited:
I posted the interior pictures here and was assured the bag was rarer than others; I checked lambcollections.com and there are photos posted of a first season lux bag with the same added details...I didn't know I should be concerned...

I don't think you need to be concerned. Many "first run" bags have details that are missing from the ones that are mass-produced.

With the recent sample sales, there were many one-of-a-kind bags in prints/styles never produced, as well as slight variations in bags we've seen many times (hardware changes, nameplate, etc)

So jealous ;) Glad it wasn't a total nightmare in the end, in regards to the actual bag.

I'm starting to wonder if the Alston I want in lipstick was ever actually made, because I haven't seen one but lambcollections.com has it listed as one of the colors:confused1:

I posted that little detail concerning that same Saddle Alston's interior name plate a while back on the Authenticate this LAMB thread. Like Yvonne said, it's just a detail that makes it unique among other bags like it. It's still authentic, though. :P

All- thanks for the kind clarifications! I learn something new every day, which makes me appreciate you all and L.A.M.B!!! I am glad that the 'nightmare Alston' does not have authenticity as an issue--I just got a little worried there when I saw the different plate.